Saw a MINI Cooper SE at...

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Oct 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    That made me laugh out loud. Normally it’s us in Montreal who point out Torontonians’ lack of taste/style/etc! [don't worry, I know it’s a stereotype]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Smart Wannabe

Smart Wannabe Member

Thats exactly what i am saying. People has no taste. Food or cars. Thats why they are mostly teslas, now Taycans. Well i do hope to fall under the Taycan camp next year.

SameGuy likes this.
  4. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

What's boring about Tesla's is that 99% are practically identical, like some fleet of generic vehicles that vary only slightly in size. Stagnating as other OEs close the EV gap.

Taycan on the other hand can be trimmed to have so much individual character and preference no two should be alike and you'd want for nothing. Crazy tech, paint, interior, wheels, amazing exterior sound - whatever you are into. MINI has this in the most mild way possible, but if they had this many options I don't think I'd consider any other brand.

SameGuy likes this.
  5. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

Woohoo!! Saw our first SE in the wild tonight, here in Cbus going south on 71. Green, black top, with - I’m oh so jealous - the Power Spoke wheels. Wee EV, you on here? We were the green and white one waving like idiots at you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. bucoshi

bucoshi Member

There'll definitely be at least two MINI Cooper SEs at the next Drive Electric Week ⏤ happy to report that I picked mine up a little over a week ago. It was fun driving it home from the east coast, but hopefully that'll be the only time I ever do that drive (with this range) lol.

IMG-8398.jpg

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    Awesome, congrats!

bucoshi likes this.
  9. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

IMG_20221023_180333478.jpg

I got one!
    I had just got my first ever EvGo session started and looked over to see another SE had crept in next to me.

Nice car!

10. SameGuy

YUL
    Fantastic! Congrats to you too!

bucoshi likes this.
  11. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

1022799.jpg
    Her photo is better. I stalked it from plugshare.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ghost

ghost Active Member

Twins! I have a grey/grey!

SameGuy likes this.
  14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

So YOU'RE the one who used up the last of the Moonwalk Grey paint the factory could get!

Can't wait to meet you at the next Drive Electric Week event! We need more MINI's to balance out the overabundance of Teslas at these things.

You were so brave to tackle such a long trip immediately after picking up your SE. I hope you didn't cause any excess early wear on the cylinder rings of your brand new MINI! Oh, wait...

bucoshi and GvilleGuy like this.
  15. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

(I think) I recognize that location! Is that the Mohawk Valley welcome center on the NY Thruway? It’s a very distinctive setup. I’ve been there a bunch, but usually it’s with the Bolt. It’s always a nice bonus to get a free QC!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

SameGuy likes this.
  16. bucoshi

bucoshi Member

@ghost I love the MINI black badge you have on the front of your SE. And yeah, grey twins with @insightman ⏤ shame this color is going away in a few days.

And great eye @GetOffYourGas, yes, it's the Mohawk Valley welcome center. And yep, nice that it was free lol

ghost and GetOffYourGas like this.
  17. bucoshi

bucoshi Member

Yeah, definitely looking forward to trying to balance out the overabundance of Teslas. Btw, it's amazing how fun this car is (which you mentioned last time we spoke). I had fun doing the test drive, which helped push me to order one, but the road trip home combined with the daily driving just puts a huge grin on my face 24/7. I'm still surprised more people haven't caught on, seems like I'm driving around in something top secret ⏤ but hidden in plain sight.

ghost, revorg, SameGuy and 1 other person like this.
  18. SameGuy

YUL
    Very well put!:cool:

19. GreenDragon

GreenDragon New Member

I met my twin at the charger in the parking garage on campus where I am assigned flex parking. We've been charging side-by-side twice so far. We aren't exactly identical, but very similar! We even both ordered roof rails. 20220907_134653 (2).jpg

20. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Look how close those license plates are! Does Wisconsin reserve a sequence for EVs?

GvilleGuy, GreenDragon and insightman like this.
  21. GreenDragon

GreenDragon New Member

@Puppethead I know! If I meet this SE's owner, I'll ask when they got theirs. I don't know if the numbers are reserved for EVs. They both came from the same dealership, though, so maybe it is just because of the stack of plates that the dealer has available to put on cars when they are purchased.

22. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I notice that one of you does not have the registration expiration sticker. I hope that's because DMV hasn't sent that yet.

23. GreenDragon

GreenDragon New Member

@revorg we only get a sticker for the back plate, not the front. So all is okay with both cars.