Mini customizations

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GetOffYourGas, Dec 25, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Ok, who got some fun customization parts as Christmas gifts?

None here, although my brother-in-law got some for his Harley, so I was curious if anyone got some surprises this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tommy Electric

Tommy Electric Active Member

As an early Christmas gift to myself I got the sports antenna. It's a quick and easy mod that improves the overall look of the car, imho.

Norbu72, GetOffYourGas and insightman like this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Aside from my personal plates finally arriving which I just installed, and the snow wheels I had mounted last week, I just got easy on/off seat covers for the front seats.

Normally I won't use them, but if I need to take the dogs somewhere I can throw them on to protect the front seats, while the back cargo area is protected by the CanvasBack liner I got earlier.

The seat covers I got are Vivaglory Dog Seat Covers, and they're pretty nice. I got the standard width of 20", which fits the MINI seats perfectly. They drape over the front, there's an anchor that you tuck in the base of the seat that holds the cover in place, and a simple strap that just connects behind the headrest that you can tighten as necessary.

seatcover.jpg

5. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Is that different from the one that’s available direct from MINI? I included that in my order... I think the dealer installs it.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

This is MINI's Sport Aerial Rod that I installed on my SE in less than 15 seconds. It is about 4.25 inches long.

upload_2020-12-30_22-50-39.png

LaurieS, Tommy Electric and Lainey like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. moofpup

moofpup Active Member

Made some seat covers out of sunbrella fabric. IMG_0170.jpeg

9. Waiting for my blackout tape to cover the chrome beltline, and my red start/stop button cover and red toggle switch covers. Already got the MINI stubby antenna, the MINI all weather floor mats and compartment mat, my personalised plate, the MINI ACE 2.0. Also waiting for the seat belt holder, the tyre valve cover.

Thinking of saving up for the JCW calipers if they will fit the SE?

Or the piano black beltline if blackout tape doesn’t work.

10. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

How did you do that?? That looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. moofpup

moofpup Active Member

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

Do you feel safe telling us your personalised license plate (mine is ELEKTRO)? What is a seat-belt holder and which tyre valve cover(s) did you choose?

14. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS Well-Known Member

I have stocked up on bits for the Mini so it can go on as soon as I get it. Mini had a 30% off sale on accessories for Black Friday week so I bought the short “sport” aerial, all weather floor mats, boot protector and mud flaps. The dealer is going to fit the mud flaps ahead of me picking the car up.
    When I ordered the car I went with the chrome external trim as we had a choice here for the Level 3/Iconic trim, but over time I wanted most of the exterior trim in piano black. I contacted my dealer about amending my order back in mid November and she advised against it as she said I may lose my spot in the queue but offered to swap out the trim at the dealer with a 25% reduction in cost (at a price confirmed by email) and put the chrome items in the boot. The salesperson I was dealing with has since left the dealership and when I mentioned the agreement to the sales manager he said for the price I’d been given it would only cover the light surrounds front and rear. As a minimum I wanted the light surrounds and grille surround, so we’ll need to have that discussion when I sign the paperwork. He asked about black door handles and told me they’d be over £100 each and would require substantial labour to fit as they’d have to take the door apart. I’ve since found out that he seems to be mistaken as the procedure to swap out the door handles on the current model is almost as simple as swapping out the light surrounds so I’ve purchased a set of piano black handles with comfort access brand new from another BMW/Mini dealer for £85 for the pair and I’ll fit those myself when the car arrives. Hopefully it won’t go horribly wrong when I try it! I’m leaving the badges chrome as I quite like the look of those as they are.

insightman likes this.
  15. Luis Hoffer

Luis Hoffer Member

My signature was ordered with black door handles and badges. I taped the beltline trim and installed the black headlight and taillight trim. I was originally planning to replace the chrome grill trim but now I think I am going to keep it as makes my mini a bit unique. Once the windows were tined that shooting brake profile I was lusting after was realized and I was all smiles. Here are some pictures for any signature owners planning the do undergo the blackout.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kicksology, Denise C, azausa and 2 others like this.
  16. Our personalised plate is simple, just the 1st letter of our first names then our last name then the numbers are our birthdays; a real personalised plate like yours is very expensive here in NZ, though you can even choose colours and put graphics on it. My wife has been complaining about the seatbelt being too far to reach and she has already found the right seat placement, the seat belt holder clips to the headrest and brings the seatbelt closer so you don’t have to reach for it. I ordered the MINI logo valve cap white part# 36122447403 USD 22.

insightman likes this.
  17. Nice. got my black vinyl tape already and will taped the beltline, fingers crossed it will look great, otherwise I have to save up for the piano black beltline.

Though that sticker on your front bumper is kind of out of place; I do know it is regulatory in the US. We don’t have that here in NZ.

18. ghost

ghost Active Member

It's the carpool lane sticker in CA. It allows people who have EVs to drive in the carpool lane solo and circumvent traffic. Doubt that you need it in NZ, haha.

azausa likes this.
  19. insightman

Thanks for the info. I've considered getting those expensive valve caps for my SE (verifying your good taste).

azausa likes this.
  20. Gotta pamper my SE, though my wife is telling me to stop

21. MustangMan

MustangMan New Member

Look familiar?? IMG_0453.jpeg

22. Luis Hoffer

Luis Hoffer Member

Congrats on the Mini, fantastic color choice. Quick question do you still have a ICE vehicle for longer trips? Based on your username and signature photos it looks like you are a all EV household.

We are thinking about ditching our ICE vehicle and going all EV.

23. MustangMan

MustangMan New Member

We are an all EV household. Drove the Mach-E on a 2,000 mile roadtrip and no issues. Extended range battery and 2WD. Great road car actually. Did some 60 mile round trips in the Mini no issues. The MINI is huge fun to drive. Actually a great combination, MINI and Mach-E.

GetOffYourGas, F14Scott and MichaelC like this.