Last Activity:
Dec 31, 2022
Mechanical Engineer

Share This Page

SpeedyRS

Well-Known Member, Male, from Glasgow, Scotland

SpeedyRS was last seen:
Dec 31, 2022
  • There are no messages on SpeedyRS's profile yet.
  • About

Mechanical Engineer
    Hi all. I’m based about 12 miles outside of Glasgow city centre in not so sunny Scotland. I ordered a Mini Electric Level 3 in enigmatic black with black roof and yellow mirror caps at the beginning of October so I’m not so patiently waiting for it to arrive. I love cars and motorbikes, but after running a 2018 BMW X6 for nearly 3 years, preceded by a Mercedes CLS which was preceded by various Mercedes/BMW cars, I realised that I drive them alone 85% of the time (only making occasional weekend trips when my wife is in the car too), have a 12mile commute each way to work on the odd occasion I actually need to go to the office as I’ve been working from home since the pandemic began, so it was really wasteful running a big engine in big cars when it’s completely unnecessary. I had a couple of bikes earlier in the year but sold my ZX6R and now just have a 2018 Triumph Speed Triple RS. I only ride in dry weather these days but the bike is purely for fun; not commuting, not running errands or anything like that, so choosing to ditch the big SUV in favour of a small electric car seemed like a responsible move to offset the petrol I burn for fun on the bike, plus I test drove the Mini Electric and absolutely loved it. My wife just bought a new i3 after testing the VW ID3 and ID4 and falling for the driving experience of the i3, so we’ll both be electric when my Mini finally arrives. Electric motorbikes are getting there and perhaps one day soon I’ll add one of those to the collection.
    I love MotoGP, am a huge Valentino Rossi fan, so the Mini having the yellow accents is exactly what I want which is why I opted for the yellow mirror caps. I also like Moto E, World Superbikes, F1, Formula E and rugby union.