I have been using the cheap L1/L2 chargers from Ebay ($100-$120), and I have had a couple issues. I had trouble with one plugged into a standard 120V outlet. The plug did not feel loose in the receptacle, but there may have been some corrosion on the old receptacle. The plug overheated (on 120V) and melted the outlet cover a little... The unit draws 16 amps through the 120V plug, so it is pushing the limit. The units are stamped for 120v/220/V, but had 120V plugs, so I made an adapter to go to the 220V extension cord. The end of the 220V cord and my adapter were laying on the stones next to my driveway. My adapter plug was not weather proof. It got wet, shorted out, and burned the end off my 220V extension cord. I was 'lucky' the burning electrical was not near flammable materials. I had left the unit plugged in, and it burned off while it was not being used. I have taken the plugs off both units, and hard-wired them to 220V. Both in operation for several months, with no further problems.