How to Replace a Lost Key Fob for <$75

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by lincomatic, Aug 19, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Its nice that they responded quickly, acknowledged the problem, and seem to have a 'fix' in the works.
    I fear that at some point, the Beta will stop working because of version issues or similar, and they might not be inclined to fix it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Flew-d-coop

Flew-d-coop New Member

I sent a new email that generated a new ticket number to report the difficulties I was having installing diag-asia for the AP200 - I did not reference the Honda beta.

4. Flew-d-coop

Flew-d-coop New Member

Welp, programming the Civic's key fob with the Clarity beta experiment is a failure as I do not have a sub-menu "Registration" as member lincomatic did in his blog (1st post of this thread).

If anyone has any idea of something I may have done wrong - please advise.

Thanks

Here are the screen shots from my attempt:

5. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. I assume everything was tracking the example until you got to the menu where "Registration" should have been?

I'm going to ask this dumb question (because I couldn't find the answer in our previous discussions)... Did you try to do this with the currently released AP200 diagnostics - ie: before you obtained authorization and installed the Beta version?

Edit - Although I did not see that you tried, I now recall that I saw a video where someone tried and failed with a Civic and the baseline AP200. Of course, not sure what version they were trying. But this does not seem hopeful at this point.

It's very annoying that people are at the mercy of overpriced dealers for what should be a simple and low cost function.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  6. Flew-d-coop

Flew-d-coop New Member

I did not try before installing the beta due to the issues with the google play store and this youtube video where it did not work on a push button accord.

Edit - Yeah, this seems to be a money grab as the dealers want to keep the $$$ in their pockets and Autel (et all) who only allow fob programming on their high end units.

But, it was fun to try, I now have a pretty good scanner, and and the folks on this forum were very accommodating to me - Thank you all...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Brooke

Brooke New Member

Many, many thanks for this. For me the process was definitely not hiccup free but it's done and I'm thinking of making a third so I don't have to be so worried about it next time around, should there be one.

Robert_Alabama and MrFixit like this.
  9. I've made two spares, although I've yet to find a reasonable way to get the keys laser cut without spending a fortune, so neither have the emergency key.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023