2023 Cooper SE Included EVSE - "Flexcharger"

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by methorian, May 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

I got both chargers with mine.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I picked mine up yesterday. big white box in the hatch. small one is under the hatch. Anyone know how long the cable is on the big one?

4. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I think it about 22’ from the tip of the 14-50 to the tip of the J-1772. More like 20’ useable.

Tommm likes this.
  5. BackPack

BackPack Member

Me too.

6. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

I suspected we'd see the old level 1 EVSE phased out as their stock dwindled, but make sure you're checking under the false floor in the hatch.

SameGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jwzimm

jwzimm Active Member

Just picking up mine now. Got both chargers! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Congrats! We're hoping your phone has a camera (and not for a photo of the dual charging cords).

10. So this Flexible Fast charger utilizes either 120V or 240V, depending on whether its plugged into the wall or electric socket, respectively? I was under the impression that I would receive 2 separate chargers, not one in-compassing charger.

11. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

You are lucky I pic up my SE January 3 rd and only L1 but my charger L 2 from bmw I 3 which cost me $550 6 years ago still doing a job 25’ long and rubberized plug bulletproof but SE give me heating steering wheel at list for free with signature model.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

Many people (including me) received two separate chargers with their ‘23. One was the old 120V and the other was the Flex that is capable of both 120V and 240V.

It appears some of the more recent deliveries have not included the old 120V charger. The going theory is that they included the old ones as they had excess stock and just recently ran out.

14. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Sell on Ebay they going for $250 L 1 I never use L1 I should sell too

15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

You own a measuring tape?or use your foot is around 12”

16. rlozano

rlozano Member

So I am waiting on my 2023 to arrive , but I did got a L2 charger for the home that I have not installed, is this L2 charger more for traveling with it or it is also a smart charger that can be connected to the Internet to get stats etc etc ?

17. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

18. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

If you not need a car travel to work 60 miles each way you figure out fast what you do with the range of driving . You learn fast what car is capable to do . Sound like you going to install charger in garage that’s what I was depend of driving my I 3 and now SE mini for almost 7 years

19. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

As SE is charging at 7.2 kw you need a 40 amps breaker in a panel and NEMA 14-50 receptical on a wall to use a charger at 32 amps .going higher is no help or you plan in a future use to jump to Tesla or Porsche Taycan . Hire electrician the best way to go an claim a tax rebate to install a crab

20. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

It's not a smart EVSE, but is a fully-capable L2 EVSE that will charge up to 7.7 kW, which is as good as something like a Grizzl-E Classic EVSE (which is what I have).

21. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

But a car can’t accept no more than 32 amps and 7.2 kW on L2 is your charger is showing you all what is going with charging on display . All this crab show nothing you charging or not . Al this chargers try to avoid display amps watts voltage . Im using Crepper Creek for 6years I’m not into electric staff I’m good mechanic but electric I’m 000i always like yours answers of

22. BackPack

BackPack Member

I have a 2023 and debated the same thing. I decided to install a Wallbox at home and carry the L2 charger in the car so I can charge on the road if needed. I’ve only had the car a couple of weeks. The provided L2 charger is still in its box. I may end up just selling it on eBay. I do like the Wallbox and its app.

23. jwzimm

jwzimm Active Member

Wanted to say thanks for this! I had this printed up and just mounted my L2 FlexCharger to my garage wall and it worked great! As noted in the thingiverse description, you need qty (2) M4x14 screws to attach the charger to the plate before screwing the assy to the wall using drywall screws.

MarkSasaki likes this.