2023 Cooper SE Included EVSE - "Flexcharger"

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by methorian, May 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

Wanted to make a post confirming that the 2023 Cooper SE will indeed come with a dual-voltage "Flexcharger" in the states. Per the training doc they will have both 120V and 240V (14-50) plugs and can charge up to 7.7kW.

My MA sent these images from a 2023 that recently arrived:
    flexcharger1.jpeg flexcharger2.jpeg flexcharger3.jpeg flexcharger4.jpeg flexcharger5.jpeg

Also congrats to whoever has a 2023 that came in to Mini of Alexandria recently!

Nelly H, Tetrodotoxin, h-dogg and 5 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. toomoody

toomoody New Member

Awesome. I was just looking into this for my 2023 that is on order.

4. jwzimm

jwzimm Active Member

Any chance they could tell you how long the cord is? It doesn't look to be super long.

5. methorian

I don't want to bug him further with it, but based on BMW i4 information, I'd assume it's similar to this UK one:

[​IMG]

That's 20ft of cable, which has also been confirmed via i4/iX demo models in the states.

Nelly H likes this.
  6. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

So does this mean that it would be best for me to just install a 240 15/40 plug by my car in the driveway and roll with it?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. oldmorris

oldmorris New Member

So this cable on a 240 plug would give you almost the same charging as a dedicated level 2 charger?

moncureww likes this.
  9. methorian

If you're looking for the least expensive route? Sure! (It's an L14-50 plug).

It would handle the max charging rate of the Cooper SE when plugged into a 50A circuit, yeap! (240V, 32A, 7.7kW max on the EVSE, think the SE maxes out at ~7.4kW)

10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Can anybody confirm the same news for 23s in Canada?

Nelly H likes this.
  11. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

That’s my car. Picking it up tomorrow. Was going to be today, but there was some confusion on the financing side.

pro tip when dealing with Alexandria. Work out all the financial details before your car arrives. If you aren’t financing through them (which they said many people aren’t theses days) you need to wire the exact amount over at least 24 hours ahead of time. First time I have delt with a dealer that didn’t want to wait until you were in the dealership to negotiate all the financials.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. methorian

Thanks for the tip! I live 3-4 hours away so figured I would try to have all my ducks in a row before I head up for delivery.

Will probably finance myself so good to know.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  14. acbrown19

acbrown19 New Member

Heated steering wheel confirmed missing?

15. Great to know.. Is this a signature or Signature+ or Iconic?

I wanted to know if Signature model comes with ambient lighting across the dash and on doors across? also do they have manual mirrors or powered folding mirrors? Would they manual mirrors just disabled on a software end (just like tesla does) or is the hardware itself is manual? I was wondering if this is manual but just software disabled, then could we make it powered later on?

Thanks

16. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Get good gloves for winter driving if you live in North

Tommm and revorg like this.
  17. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    That is unhelpful commentary.

CoachCookie likes this.
  18. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

Ambient lighting was on our 22 Signature, not sure on 23…
    Our mirrors don’t power fold either.

19. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

Picked it up today. It has both the new flex charger and the old 120V charger.

To answer some other questions, it does have ambient lighting but not power mirrors. I couldn't say if that is software or hardware.

Mine did come with a heated steering wheel, but I never had a credit show up in the My MINI Garage. Also it came with chrome and not blacked out.

20. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

What trim level is your SE? Photos, please.

21. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I'll get them when I can. Straight Signature.

insightman likes this.
  22. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

Anyone know how much the "heated steering wheel credit" actually is? $250?

23. methorian

$100 for heated steering wheel.
    $350 for Alarm.

upload_2022-5-3_13-21-43.png

upload_2022-5-3_13-22-2.png

Matt007b and yoomini like this.