Anyone else been stuck in Quality Check for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by abrandt, May 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

I'd imagine you have a bunch of other adjectives to describe your experience - all of them colorful!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I’m actually not irate. Things happen. My main frustration has been being in limbo for 2 months without any status info from Mini and they tell the dealers nothing either. It’s odd to me they just leave you hanging and don’t even bother to update you at all. Thankfully @wally3 and @DJCoopster have been able to get them to give us some info finally.

Aquavir and wally3 like this.
  4. 1856

1856 New Member

Stuck in ‘quality check’ 50 day!! Did anyone see their mini coming out of this black hole? ​

5. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Not yet. 52 days for me currently.

2 of us have been told they will be finished the last week of July.

6. -Amanda

-Amanda Active Member

The quality check fiasco sucks for those stuck waiting but this Mini ️ makes me smile every time I see this thread.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Day 60 in quality check.

9. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Everyday we are inching closer to the end of July - fingers crossed! Does anyone know the dates of the plant shutdown for maintenance?

10. LittleWoods

LittleWoods Active Member

I really feel for you guys. Whenever I see the thread bumped I'm hoping it's some good news. Seems like I got incredibly lucky and somehow picked a combination of options that was able to sneak by and get through the process.

11. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Let’s ask the whole forum!

wally3 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. zellsun

zellsun Member

I guess they will manually adjust the cars put aside as QC cars during this summer break.

14. wally3

wally3 Active Member

15. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

My Sales manager left me a voice mail today saying my car was complete at status code 155 and should go to the port in a few days. Status code 155 is Quality Check. Pretty sure it isn't going anywhere until the factory shuts down….but I’d be happy to wrong!

16. wally3

wally3 Active Member

yep - sadly my car has been at 155 since 5/16. I did have some interaction with someone at some point that indicated differently but it has not panned out yet. Like you, I’ll gladly take any progress but am thinking it is unlikely we will see movement before the 25th. Doesn’t stop me from checking a few times a day though…

abrandt likes this.
  17. Barbouille

Barbouille New Member

I got an update!

I am in Canada. My production date was mid-May. I asked questions to my MA (only source of info for us in Canada) and wondered why the car hadn’t been delivered by now. He escalated the questioning to BMW. They informed us that one element was missing. The missing element is planned to be delivered next week. The missing item will be installed sometime next week and then transit. So the car should leave UK the week of July 25… now digging up the Boat schedule!

MichaelC, Eric Larson and abrandt like this.
  18. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

19. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Thank you for the update!!! I do wonder if they will transport the cars to the port while the factory is shut down. I kind of think they will sit until mid August. As always, happy to be wrong!

20. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Great news! Fingers crossed - thanks for sharing.

21. Gi Lee

Gi Lee New Member

I placed my 23SE Signature order on 3/28 and stuck at QC since 5/16. Its been about 2 months now. I dont even hear back from sales person from BMW of Plano. Anyone stuck at QC for more than 3 months? Will i be able to get this car before year end?

22. Gi Lee

Gi Lee New Member

When did you place the order?