Anyone else been stuck in Quality Check for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by abrandt, May 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Been in Quality Check since 5/13. @wally3 and @bmartinez028 have joined me in quarantine. Anyone else?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Thanks for strating the separate thread. Sorry to be a member of this elite crew....

abrandt likes this.
  4. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Supply chain issues. Did you guys order the max strength blinker fluid? Some who order the max strength thing the car is still British, and actually use the blinkers. I went cheap, and opted for standard since it really is just a BMW, and I am obligated to fit the stereotype. I figured regular strength in the small size that comes standard would last me for years before running out.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    MichaelC and Chaz Fisher like this.
  5. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

I think I’m on day 3 after blasting through the first steps of production. Maybe it’s just the step they leave them at until they’re ready to ship them out.

6. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

@Aquavir usually you get dispatched from the factory within 24 hours or less of Quality Check. What trim level and customizations did you get? Also do you now have an additional listing of "Special Identification" under your standard features on the "Track my mini" page?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I suspect QC is the catch-all stage for cars delayed for parts. Evidently, they didn't want to have a detour branch on the line chart, "Waiting in Lot C for one last part."

9. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Not the case based on what I ave seen with others.....my understanding is the last few steps usually happen pretty quickly but I have been here since Monday morning and my Prod Date was Monday. The ability to monitor is both a blessing and a curse....

10. wally3

wally3 Active Member

So the other day when Special Identification came up it was not on standard features - I just rechecked and now it is.....very curious.

11. Aquavir

Aquavir Active Member

Iconic, and yes, I was wondering what “special identification” was. I did order mine off the website a day before they switched to the 2023 models; could that be part of it?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

Still in QC hoping today is the day. I have a feeling it’s not. Quite the opposite experience my mother had ordering her 2022 SE last Feb taking delivery 4/20 here in Cali. But of course that was before the supply chain issues and war in Europe. It’ll be worth the wait whenever it shows up. I can always take mom’s for a spin in the meantime.

14. wally3

wally3 Active Member

This is so harsh - we should be in another thread complaining about waiting at port! I feel like i am jinxing things every time i check my status…

15. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

When did yours enter QC? Maybe a day after mine? 5/11 Exterior Body, 5/12 QC, 5/13 Awaiting Carrier, 5/17 At Port. Maybe they found some heated steering wheels. Still a week until the boat leaves, and it is a quick shot to the port. I would rather mine be inside than in that picture insightman posted.

16. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Been in QC since early Monday morning along with @abrandt and @bmartinez028. My production date was initially 5/10 but bumped twice to 5/16 where it remains. 5 days in QC seems like a lot and still shows heated steering wheel credit. Other SE’s with the same config (black cross punch seats) have come and gone through QC….

17. MiniFish

MiniFish New Member

Hopefully you'll be out soon. I was recently in QC for a week, then suddenly jumped to Awaiting Carrier then At the Port and now In Transit all pretty quickly after having been stuck in QC. I have a Signature with no extras. Best wishes all.

bmartinez028 likes this.
  18. BackPack

BackPack Member

I have an Iconic on order with malt brown Chesterfield leather seats. I don’t check status religiously as some others here as I’m sure it would drive me crazy. Mine did sit at Production begins for a couple of weeks. Earlier this week it finally moved to Assembly and then moved quickly which is expected for an assembly line. When I checked yesterday, it’s sitting at Awaiting Carrier.

I feel for those of you sitting in QC. On the other hand, you should feel good that they’re fixing whatever was found during their quality checks. Very common practice in manufacturing and happens all the time. The fact we can now track progress so closely is a blessing and a curse. Unfortunately you all are on the curse side right now. Give it time and I hope you see your cars soon.

19. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Checking in with @abrandt and @bmartinez028 on this Saturday morning. I’m still in QC - any progress on your ends?

20. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

21. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I doubt they are inside if they are waiting for parts. They line them up out side the factory to board truck carriers and the trains, so it is reasonable to assume they are outside waiting for parts.

22. rustybones

rustybones Member

When “In transit” does it mean it’s already crossed the seas or is it still on the ship?

23. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

Still in QC…