Mini customizations

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GetOffYourGas, Dec 25, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

First thing I did upon delivery was replace the key fob exterior. I don't know why the stock key needs to be so gigantic.

[​IMG]

I also put my GoBadge on the front, but I don't know how I feel about it. It already has the S on there, and there are really only two spots it can go, neither of which is symmetric to the S. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

kicksology and MichaelC like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My opinion is any grille badge is good! You can see what I did from my avatar picture. I've been meaning to start a thread on how I attached it, but was wondering how the 2022 worked. Looks like it's about the same as the 2020-2021 frontend.

MichaelC likes this.
  4. MustangMan

MustangMan New Member

What radio is it for? And is it better?

5. MustangMan

MustangMan New Member

Did the caps and valve stems with the stealth Union Jack
    IMG_0738.jpeg IMG_0739.jpeg

azausa likes this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I was going to say it's for the AM radio, but that would be cruel to myself because I've often bemoaned the omission of the AM radio band. It's for the FM radio. As @Puppethead has pointed out, the satellite antenna is the long, horizontal part of the antenna bump. Here's my "sport" antenna. I'd expect the stock antenna would provide better reception for faraway stations, but I could discern no difference with local stations when I installed mine.

upload_2021-12-12_17-58-6.png

It's funny you showed MINI's Black Jack valve caps. I told my wife I'd like a set for Christmas, but MINI's database that all vendors use says they won't fit a MINI Cooper SE! I exclaimed, "They'd even fit my Dad's 1956 Buick!"

MustangMan likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The MINI USA https://www.shopminiusa.com/PRODUCT/2164/MINI-BLACK-JACK-VALVE-STEM-CAPS---SILVER, says it will fit the 2022 Cooper SE 2 door BEV hardtop

insightman likes this.
  9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thanks! It was a shop that required the car's serial number who said these valve caps wouldn't fit my SE. I was starting to wonder if some SEs came with Presta valves instead of Schrader valves (no, I really wasn't wondering that).

ghost and azausa like this.
  10. ER13

ER13 Member

Where did you get the blue replacement exterior, if you don't mind me asking?

11. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS Well-Known Member

I don’t know where chrunk got theirs but there are quite a few options on here: https://funfob.com/

I plan on getting the metal Paddy Hopkirk (chequered #37) one from the UK Etsy store associated with this US site.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chrunck

ER13, SpeedyRS and Carsten Haase like this.
  14. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

@MustangMan Are your original mirror caps black? If so, are you willing to sell it?

@chrunck Do you want to trade your black mirror caps for the OEM yellow ones that I have?

15. chrunck

Nope!

16. MustangMan

MustangMan New Member

Mine are green matching the body color. Going to keep them just in case. By the way I had to cut out the hole on the black jack caps for the MINI logo light that projects on the ground. Not hard but a little unnerving worried I would crack them or something.

17. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

My real name is Justin Case, and I own a racing green SE. Would you part with your green mirror caps -- I would really like some to match the body color of my car!

18. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

@MustangMan So you could sell your green caps to @Texas22Step and then I can buy his black caps. Round robin mirror caps. :)

19. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

@JonR - I actually didn't say that my current mirror caps are black (they are white), so the "round robin" you are thinking about won't work. The way I read this post @MustangMan purchased black caps himself to replace the green ones I inquire about.

20. chrunck

Close, but he actually bought the black jack caps. You can't buy black caps for whatever reason. You can buy a few different colors, union jack designs, or ones that are primed to be painted, but not black. It's a strange decision by MINI.

edit: Wow, there's even more designs than I thought.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/mini_mirror_cap/

21. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

So close!

22. FrankFromCarp

FrankFromCarp New Member

Seeing the key fob items more than a few of you have posted, I decided to go looking for a 3D print file to make these custon fobs.
    I found one!
    It is at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4378924

My daughter has a business (Dangerous Ladies) selling Cosplay Props and has a few 3D Printers.
    I sent her the link and within a few seconds, she replied that she's going to put it on one of the printers tonight - in British Racing Green.

kicksology and Texas22Step like this.
  23. MustangMan

MustangMan New Member

I did give it some thought and I am going to keep them should I need the car to be "original" a few years in the future at a car show>. Sorry.