Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

Neat. At first I thought they didn't even tie them down, but those ones shown first were already un-lashed (or not yet) . Never thought about the fact they would only need to be able to access one car's driver's door at a time.

Rob

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sully151

Sully151 Member

Thanks. I called ASK-MINI. They said my car was scheduled to be completed on October 13. Then off to a boat across the Atlantic and through the Panama Canal and up to Port Hueneme and back down to Costa Mesa. Hopefully, we can have Thanksgiving together.

polyphonic likes this.
  4. cmdonnell

cmdonnell Member

So YouTube’s algorithms have be deep in recommendations about RORO ships and this came up and my son and I decided to watch it.

Firstly it is well produced and informative, but most important for us you can see plenty of Minis being loaded. They appear to be mixed with other BMWs when loaded and stored. I’d say it’s worth watching to eat up some of the time you’re waiting.

NewGreen likes this.
  5. BayFront

BayFront New Member

That’s correct. If your car (and mine) make on the Tulane leaving 10/4, it’s scheduled to leave Port Hueneme on 10/30, arriving in Tacoma on 11/2.

6. Sully151

Sully151 Member

Anyone know if Port Hueneme is as backed up as L.A.?

Do the West Coast bound ships stop on the East Coast or do they go straight through the Canal?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. BayFront

BayFront New Member

I’m not sure if Port Hueneme is as backed up as LA/LB or Oakland, but it seems from other forums that Ro/Ro deliveries there are not affected by delays.

It seems to depend whether a ship stops at the East Coast (or South America) before travel to West Coast. Attached is the itinerary for the Tulane, the probable ship my car will be on. It will stop in Nova Scotia before heading to Panama and West Coast.

Attached Files:

9. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

mine is in the Rhea Leader. It went from England tobthe Panama Canal without any east coast stops.
    9/17 left England
    10/8 due Dan Diego
    10/10 due Oxnard then by rail or truck inland

10. joshf2k

joshf2k Member

Check out "Building Cars" with James May on Amazon. It's a three-episode show that shows the MINI build process from start to finish (including a scene with May parking a new MINI on a ship).

NewGreen likes this.
  11. Caconym

Caconym Member

FWIW - I got a production number today from my dealer. He also added the following:

"If you are interested in tracking your MINI it is best if I update you over the build process. The website is not been accurate with relation to where your MINI might be at any given time. I will let you know once your MINI has been produced which will be the next major step in the process."

This was my impression from the forum, but interesting to hear it from a dealer. Of course, I checked anyway and the car is in 'order received'. Lots of red check marks yet to go!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. cmdonnell

cmdonnell Member

I’d say the site is accurate but may have a little lag (a day). I prefer to just automatically get perhaps slightly outdated information than to have to rely on getting updates from my dealer. You can check the automated system a few times a day without it thinking you’re insane.

Once it gets on a boat you’ll be able to track that in real-time and catch up if you’re off by a day or two.

joshf2k and NewGreen like this.
  14. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Let your motoring advisor know you'd love to get updates from him, and then keep checking mygarage as much as you feel the need to. They're not mutually exclusive.

insightman and MichaelC like this.
  15. Teddydogno1

The last time I called Ask Mini (last week when mine hit the UK port), they said that there is usually a couple of day delay between when the cars are loaded on a ship and when the Tracker shows them "in transit". And that my Advisor should be able to get ship details before the site updates. So, hoping that my car makes it aboard today/night, I will ask my guy tomorrow if he can see any details.

EDIT: The Tulane left Southampton a few hours ago on the way to Spain.

Rob

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    BayFront likes this.
  16. Teddydogno1

Mini Tracker shows "In Transit" this morning, so I guess it IS on the Tulane! About a month to go now...

Rob

MichaelC and insightman like this.
  17. Mine is "in transit" as of this morning. It's aboard the Hawaiian Highway, which actually departed yesterday.

I've found a few places to track location and past ports, but are there any resources that list expected future ports of call?

insightman likes this.
  18. Miniman

Miniman New Member

Very excited as my Mini has gone from production number awaiting to be built to "awaiting carrier assignment" in a matter of a couple weeks! Now for what I'm assuming will be the longest part of the wait as my Mini is coming into Los Angeles, Long Beach port, which is a 40 day wait parking lot to unload right now off our coast. EDIT: Just remembered my build sheet said port Hueneme was the destination port. I'm pretty sure it's backed up everywhere.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    MichaelC likes this.
  19. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

It looks like Hawaiian Highway is a "K" Line vessel. Here is the most recent trans-Atlantic schedule for "K" Line vessels, including this one: http://www.klineglobalroro.com/schedules/1-1_europe_to_north_america_and_mexico_gulf_schedule.pdf

dsmels likes this.
  20. angLe

angLe New Member

It doesn't look like there's much of a backup here in Port Hueneme. 20211005_103251.jpg 20211005_103350.jpg

BayFront likes this.
  21. Teddydogno1

Do they drive the new cars through the surf and across the beach?

Optional "Amphibious Landing Delivery".

rob

BayFront likes this.
  22. Teddydogno1

Hmmm. My sales guy just texted to tell me my Mini is on the Grand Duke that left port on 10/3 and not on the Tulane that left last night.

EDIT: and I think this is good for me as it left hours earlier than the Tulane and the Grand Duke is headed straight to Panama vs. stops in Spain and Nova Scotia first.

Rob

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    BayFront likes this.
  23. ghost

ghost Active Member

Not sure how accurate the spreadsheet is, but it seems there's a weird gap (me included) from late July/early August that had a longer production start than others ordering late August/early September.

My status just changed to exterior build assembly today.

I realize iconics are first priority and signatures are probably last.