Any Canadians get their $250 from Hyundai?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by apu, May 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

Surprise surprise got my email link for the card today and got a call from the dealer this morning battery will be here Friday and installed next week.
    I guess squeaky wheel gets the grease. I hope they were annoyed as much as I have been.

Wildeyed and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Keep us up-to-date. You're where in Ontario? If I've seen any "trend" it's that the Oakville, Hamilton, London triangle might be getting batteries first.

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  4. XtsKonaTrooper

1hr west of London.

5. Wow, now your are going to run out of things to complain about with Hyundai... LOL.:D

Wildeyed likes this.
  6. Really? I'd happily do so but I'm pretty confident they'll keep supplying the raw material for all new ones.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. That's too bad... Now your car will start getting older sooner again...:)

9. Still no card, after yet another leisurely month to reply(now 5 exactly months after recall visit for R0183 campaign) I got an email from Hyundai corporate that they did an internal review of the claim and deferred it to my dealer. Consistent with a previous email Hyundai corporate is continuing to deflect responsibility and throwing my dealer under the bus and stating its their fault. Spoke to my service manager today, apparently I am in the same boat as 2 other customers, they know about my file and state despite their previous submission they only got the appropriate software from Hyundai to reenter the R0183 card claim 3 weeks ago. I made sure they had my updated contact info/email today. Someone is being deceptive/incompetent about all of this, it sure feels like Hyundai corporate, quelle surprise!

10. XtsKonaTrooper

Start complaining on their fb page. Who knows you might get quick results.
    Knew a guy. Lol

11. Well, there is obviously something fishy about how the dealer connects and submits the claim. It took a while for my dealer working with Hyundai Canada to figure it out. But the dealer did acknowledge the problem was at their end and needed their IT guy to fix it. Now have to wait another 30 to 60 days to see if it worked. Yes, frustrating...

apu and XtsKonaTrooper like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. RP - hit the dealer up for the $250 and let them wait for the money form Hyundai. The dealer screwed up, I don't see why you should have to wait.
    Ya I know,,,, and there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow,,,lol

14. Hey, I like my dealer. It was an honest mistake, I'm sure. And from all the other folks waiting here, seems like he wasn't the only one. At least he kept me informed and continued to work with Hyundai Canada to get it fixed.

And to be honest, it is not so much the $250, but that Hyundai Canada said we were getting it, and then nothing happens.

15. Today is my lucky day,... finally. Just got my $250 gift card email.

Wildeyed likes this.
  16. Hi,

I already received my 250$ credit card and today they sent me a second 365$ prepaid card.
    Is this the 5$ per day that someone mentioned?
    My battery was replaced mid August, I was not expecting anything and I nobody mentioned anything else at the dealership

17. Sure sounds like it. Do the math. June 1st to August replacement date x $5 =?

18. Makes sense, I thought it was only a rumor.

XtsKonaTrooper and Wildeyed like this.
  19. We finally got our $250 email today too!

20. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

I got it, maybe 6 months later.

I'm in Canada, Quebec, Montreal.

I also had my battery changed today that was only a month or two after the dealer said they'd order one for us
    We took the car in for other issues and a month or so ago and dealer mentioned that they had to order the battery for us.
    I guess they don't do it automatically, only when we took the car in and they put the vin in the computer and saw what needed to be done to the car.

21. Well its 7 months later and 3 months after the last email from Hyundai stating it would be only another 30-60 days for the $250, yet still nothing. Not to mention nothing about the additional $5 day from June 1st( by my math works out to $730). I emailed them again and I will go pester my dealer again to verify if they submitted the claim. Its just plain beyond ridiculous at this point.

I honestly don't car about the money( Ok maybe a little bit :) ) but I want them to keep their word especially in the context of them telling me I am getting a battery replacement, then maybe, then for sure and finally "no new battery for you".

Lars likes this.
  22. Sounds like your dealer didn't submit/connect the claim properly. Very common issue with the dealers. Go back and look at my experience with my dealer and Roman at Hyundai Canada. It does not take 3 months for it to happen once the submission goes through!!

Pestering the dealer is not good enough, they think they did it. You need to get Roman to confirm that they received it,... or not.

apu likes this.
  23. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

My wife got hers even though she bought her Kona 7 months after me, so I went to the dealer to complain, and they discovered they had an old abandoned email address for me (haven't used it in over two years), and the cards was sent a month ago to the never-never land. I pointed out that Hyundai Canada has my correct email, so why was it sent to the old one, and they told me the dealers initiate everything connected to the gift card, so Hyundai just sends it to the email the dealer sent them.

apu and Wildeyed like this.