Kona 2022 EV miles/kwh query

DorisKnight

New Member
Hi - hope someone can help me. I’ve got a kona 2022 ev ultimate which i’m loving. When i drive, i select ‘Drive Info’ on the instrument cluster to give me data on the current trip between motor on and motor off. I’m getting a difference each time, however, between the miles/kwh reading on this central display and the miles/kwh reading at the bottom of the instrument cluster to the right of the horizontal moving bar display. Latter, as you know, shows immediate energy consumption and has a vertical bar line showing the average (for the current journey, I’m sure) and the number to the right of this bar does, i believe, give the value of this bar line. I have expected this lower right hand number to always match the ‘Drive Info’ value, but it doesn’t - and sometimes there are big +/- differences. i checked the manual, of course, and it did say that the ‘Drive Info’ value would average trips unless there was a 4 or more hour break between motor on and motor off. When i last compared the two values, i was on the first trip after a night’s sleep and the values were again different. Any answers, please/
 
I too have had the impression that the 4 hour break doesn't work. Haven't figured out when the averaging is applied.
So you're not alone...
 
OK - I think I’ve solved it. If you access ‘settings’ on infotainment screen, then select ‘vehicle’ > ‘cluster’ > ‘ev economy reset’, you’ll be shown 3 options - ‘on vehicle start’, ‘after charging’, and ‘manually’. Mine was running on ‘after charging’, which explains things. I’ve reset it to ‘on vehicle start’, and the small vertical white line on the bar chart now starts off at zero and increases as you drive (and matches ‘Drive Info’ at centre of cluster). Hope this works for you.
 
Back
Top