You Won't Like This

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by revorg, Apr 16, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Maybe they'll strike a deal. Who knows? Nothing is written.

3. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I wonder if the strike will make it so parts for the heated steering wheel arrive when my car is due for production. Maybe i should submit another 250 order for the same car, and see if I can get the heated steering wheel.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If this thread that claims MINI has stopped taking new orders is correct, the era of "building" the MINI Cooper SE you want might be at an end. Will customers be able to specify what they want on 2024 SEs or will they have to play dealer roulette even to get the color they want?

5. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

My guess is that the plethora of MINI options afforded the SE buyer in Oxford will not transfer to Wuhan. I think options will be installed either at US off-loading distribution centers, or at the dealer.

I will say, this is probably the most interesting time in MINI or Mini history since the MINI recreation in 2001.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

This brings to mind the famous "curse" mis-attributed to the Chinese: "May you live in interesting times."

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    …rally race wins notwithstanding. ;)

9. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Spotlight Automotive Ltd. is in Zhangjiagang, which is about 70 miles west of Shanghai. Wuhan is about 430 miles away from Shanghai or 5 DC Fast charges in your Mini Cooper SE.

wessy and AndysComputer like this.
  10. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

And this kids is why the manufacturing moves to China…

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Chaz Fisher

Chaz Fisher Member

Yoyo_boba, wessy and Flavio EV like this.
  13. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

14. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Why would I not like international roller derby news!?

revorg likes this.
  15. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Roller derby is pretty big in my area. I started posting news for them when my granddaughter was a mascot for one of the teams.

polyphonic likes this.
  16. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Since it has more to do with warehouse issues, I'm hoping our car parts are already distributed to the factory... fingers crossed!

17. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo, Wah Wah. My car moved to exterior body begins so it coincides with the strike. I dont care for naming cars and maybe two or three of the over fifty I've owned have gotten names (does agreeing in 10th grade to name the Firebird convertible i was restoring after a gal with significant assets count? Her name (Hope) did fit the project, and...) I may make another exception here and call this car Murphy. Maybe Murphy Smurfy since my wife likes the Smurf blue color it is.

18. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

SameGuy likes this.
  19. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Gotta admit single-colour BRG IV looks great on the SE, but I’m not regretting choosing Island Blue with black roof.

BackPack and moncureww like this.