Dealers say MINI stops taking new SE orders as of 04/2022

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by zellsun, Apr 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. zellsun

zellsun Member

I asked dealers in CA Bay Area.
    Some of them say MINI stops taking new SE orders until further notice.
    So right now, they can't help submit my build even I've made the $250 deposit.
    Are you facing the same annoying thing???

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I was told there will be no May allocations, then as of June, dealerships will only get allocations for floor plan inventory, all pre-configured and L2/L3 (whatever it’s called where you live).

4. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

Which one you made deposit with? I think it is refundable? I heard from my friend when they tried to order a signature trim from San Jose in mid March and the deposit never went through. Then, they called the dealership and found out that there were 26 SE orders ahead of them at that time so they could not get his order in for him at that time. My friend ended up calling Marin. At the beginning, it sounded like they did not want to order a signature trim for them
    at the beginning; eventually my friend was able to order a signature plus with Marin.

I ordered mine in iconic trim in early March at the same San Jose dealership. I did it in person and they took my deposit on the day of. I am just thinking, maybe you can try to make a trip to one of these dealerships?

I got my production number this week and my Salesperson said it is scheduled in production in Mid-May.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  5. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Since there is already a backlog, I wonder if they are trying to take pre-emptive action if there is a warehouse strike....

6. zellsun

zellsun Member

Thanks for the info. Hope everything will get better soon.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. zellsun

zellsun Member

Yeah, the San Jose one is not very interested in new orders. Maybe their allocation/demand is close to 0. The Marin one is very helpful. I hope I will get one from there. Thanks for all the info and suggestion you provided.

9. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

Best of luck to you and hope one of the dealership can help you to submit one. I really think San Jose one is out of allocations now as it took while for mini to accept my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. Mike Dunn

Mike Dunn New Member

I ordered a Resolute edition last fall. I'm all giddy about it. So giddy that I talked a buddy into doing the same thing. He did. Both Minis will be arriving this summer. He is thinking that he will buy his, collect the federal tax credit and sell it, hoping for a premium (plus the credit) on a hard-to-come-by Mini in the last year of its current body style and capitalize on its sudden "rarity." He thinks the 2024 will be a disappointment and he thinks a buyer won't mind missing out on the credit (available only to the original buyer) and pay at least as much for the car as he did. Hmmm. I've heard rumors here that one must be in possession of the car for a certain amount of time to qualify for the credit. So I wonder if A: He won't be able to get away with that and B: He will ultimately regret that move. I think he's whackadoodle, but please don't tell him I said that.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Does he like cars? Has he ever driven a MINI Cooper? He may discover he actually wants to keep driving his SE. What's his name? I'll set him straight.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Mike Dunn

Mike Dunn New Member

He drove my JCW coupe several years ago and loved it, currently drives a Tesla Model Y, but hasn't gotten behind the wheel of an Mini SE. I know, what? He's impulsive. He's a day trader and always looking for a quick get-rich scheme. I hope he changes his mind.