Window Seals.

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Sully151, Apr 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sully151

Sully151 Member

Does anyone else have problems with their window seals and is there something I, or the dealer, can do about it?

I bought my SE in November and the window seals are driving me nuts. Any time I hit a bump, drive on anything less than perfectly smooth road, or take a corner, it sounds like the doors are falling apart. I am also getting quite a bit of wind noise in the upper corner on the driver’s side.

I love the car, but the noise is really getting to me.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Start by booking a service appointment. With frameless windows the door and window tend to be less secure, and more flimsy feeling. Out of curiosity, have you spent significant time in the passenger seat? I have previously complained about motor/inverter whine which is very quiet but still audible at speed and annoying (to me).

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Perhaps the doors need an adjustment, but I’d also invest in a bottle of nextzett Gummi-Pflege and regularly clean the weather stripping with a mild vinegar solution then apply the lube.

GDOG likes this.
  5. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

So a penguin's car starts running rough, and he pulls into a garage to have it checked out. The mechanic says he can take a look in half an hour. It's a hot day, so the penguin decides to go across the street to get an ice cream sandwich. He comes back to the garage and asks the mechanic if he found anything.

The mechanic says, "It looks like you blew a seal."

The penguin wipes his beak and says, "No, that's just ice cream."