What color is your Clarity?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by loomis2, Feb 19, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

What color is your Clarity?

1. Platinum White

18.4%
  2. Solar Silver

16.2%
  3. Modern Steel

26.5%
  4. Crystal Black

8.6%
  5. Moonlit Forest

16.8%
  6. Crimson

13.5%
  1. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I figured we are getting enough members to this forum where we can start to get a real feel for what colors are out there on the roads. I thought it would be interesting to see how the numbers change as more people buy the car.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

Are we lumping Platinum White (PHEV) with the White Orchid Pearl of the BEV and FCV (haven't heard yet if there are any FCV owners on this board)? I would like to see the two whites side by side to see if there is an actual difference.

Also, the BEV has a Vortex Blue color that should probably be added to the list.

4. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I guess we are combining the two whites. I just got the color names from the Honda Clarity PHEV page. If I hadn't the choices would have just been white, silver, grey, black, green and red. :)

5. barnesgj

barnesgj Active Member

I love the Crimson color, when it's clean. Unfortunately that's not the case on most days. :oops:

K8QM, jdonalds and Rajiv Vaidyanathan like this.
  6. JKroll

JKroll Member

wanted the crimson color desperately but the car drove badly so I switched to Moonlight Forest

I never knew there could be so much difference in the way two new cars drove.

Angela Adelle likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

How did the car drive differently? Did one have a dead battery? I noticed I didn't like driving the car around town with a dead battery. Was much better after a charge (especially around town, just like with my Volt, don't like driving in town with a dead battery).

9. Rajiv Vaidyanathan

Rajiv Vaidyanathan Active Member

I desperately wanted the Moonlit Forest, but ended up settling for the Crimson.

10. Everbody

Everbody New Member

AFAIK the touring trim only offers pearl white, not flat. 350 days of sunshine in Fresno a year requires light colors.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

11. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

I agree I just washed it today. It shows dirt easily compared to our stream of white cars we've owned. But I really like the color.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Drat! I scratched our Moonlit Forest Pearl's door yesterday and the touch-up paint for that color is back-ordered (as in never yet available).

14. JyChevyVolt

JyChevyVolt Active Member

Vortex blue. The best looking color on the Clarity.

Tan/Cream leather interior.

AlanSqB likes this.
  15. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

The Blue is nice, but appears to be a BEV only color? It seems to me this poll was targeting PHEV version and left out the Fuel Cell and EV versions. Should probably update the title or something. Probably too late to include the other color options for those cars.

16. kkiran

kkiran Member

Touring white on mine. Looks good with tint. I wish we had white with black interior like my P85. Not a fan of beige but the suede gives it a decent look.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

17. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

I can’t do light coloured interiors (kids).

So that left me with the choice of gray or white.

As a matter of principle, I will never pay for a choice of colour.

So that left me with a single ‘choice’ in colour... Gray

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

18. barnesgj

barnesgj Active Member

I discovered a 'California Car Duster' that will wipe the dust off my Crimson dust magnet, turning it back into a great looking car without visiting the car wash. Does nothing for bugs or hard dirt, but it does a great job on the daily dust.

bfd likes this.
  19. bfd

bfd Active Member

We have one of those, too. Works well - I'm just not sure how much I'm scratching up the finish by using the dry method. However, the thing IS a dust magnet - unfortunately, so is my Clarity!

20. barnesgj

barnesgj Active Member

There seems to be enough wax on the mop that it doesn't appear to be leaving any scratches. Certainly fewer than those giant felt scrubbers at the car wash. I'm way too lazy to wash this car by hand, even if I were tall enough to reach across the roof.

21. Uye47

Uye47 New Member

That is one of the first things a professional car detailer will tell you to throw away. Hondas are known for their soft paint, and the car duster scratches up their paint easily.

22. why

why New Member

What do you use? Any recommendations?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

23. Omgswify

Omgswify Member