Reliability

Discussion in 'Honda' started by Bert, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Bert

Bert New Member

My 2018 Clarity is currently in the shop. It had to be towed because I got multiple warning lights and I could not take it out of ‘park’. Not happy with just 5k mikes.

2. Teslawannabe

Teslawannabe Active Member

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will be something small like a poor network connection or something similar.

3. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Were you out on the road when this happened or was the car parked and had been sitting prior to this?

FYI it's fairly common that a single part or sensor failure will trigger multiple warnings, as all of the various parts connected to the failed part chime in to let you know that they aren't working either, as well as any other systems that are shut down as a precaution. So most likely it will turn out to be one piece of hardware that needs to be replaced, ideally a part that will be relatively easy and quick to replace, depending on how fast they can get it.

4. Teslawannabe

Hello Bert. What was the outcome of your dealership visit? What was the cause? I'm very interested.
    Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

5. Teslawannabe

We may never know the outcome. It sure would be good information for everyone here.

6. __jl

__jl New Member

Hi Bert, this seems to be an issue that happened frequently before Honda released a software update. I haven't had the issue myself but perhaps your car doesn't have the update yet. I'd recommend reading through this thread https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/multiple-system-warnings.1031/
    Afterwards you can point the required update to your dealership and hopefully it will solve your issue.

Good luck!