Refill inverter coolant

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Electric Rich, Mar 3, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Electric Rich

Electric Rich Member

Hey all, I got the 'refill inverter coolant' warning message yesterday.
    I have already had the coolant recall process carried out.
    I'll be chatting with dealership today hopefully.
    Maybe an air bubble that needs clearing?

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hopefully it is a simple fix, kind of sad news especially after getting the coolant already replaced.
    I just changed my Kona EV replacement from an ordered 2024 Ionic5 to a 2025 MY as released info shows Hyundai is moving away from this LC coolant for good.;)

4. JohnDD

JohnDD New Member

I've been getting this warning intermittently since I had the coolant changed a few weeks ago. I can see that the coolant in the lower part of the reservoir isn't completely filled. Haven't had the time to get it checked out by the dealer here in Orleans Ontario.

5. Electric Rich

Electric Rich Member

Dealer said just keep an eye on the fluid level until I can get the car in to the dealer. Approx 3 weeks :(

6. Electric Rich

Electric Rich Member

Just a quick update. Dealer drained and re-flushed the coolant system again. Tech said it sometimes takes a few flushes to clear out the old issue.
    The message hasn't returned as yet. 'touch wood'.

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Good to know. Hopefully all the old coolant is now gone and system is working as designed. Thanks for the update.

9. JohnDD

JohnDD New Member

Had the dealer top up the coolant a few weeks ago and haven't had the warning since.

10. felix1985

felix1985 New Member

They have found the solution to this problem