2025 refresh!

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by electriceddy, Mar 4, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Well I just cancelled my 2024 order and moved it to a 2025 MY.
    Check out this video showing most notable improvements...
    Rear window wiper, bigger battery, no low conductivity coolant to name a few.
    I would expect NACS as well, but yet to be confirmed.

Hyundai has just made this car pretty much perfect:)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    Sandroad likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ed V

Ed V New Member

electriceddy likes this.
  4. I actually included that link at the end of my first line post #1 (2025 MY), but thanks for also including it.
    While I am here, this video is a little longer and more descriptive

Just note some features may not come to N.A. ie digital side mirrors, but it would be nice if dashcam was included in our market.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Ha ha! Finally, the refresh gets the rear wiper that should have been there in the first place.

Wait! Is it only the N-Line that gets the wiper? If so, that's stupid.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  6. Will 2025 bring access to the Tesla network either with NAACS or an adapter? Like Ford has done already?

I've used several Tesla stations with magic dock and they work so well. I want more of that, just not sure if I want a Tesla.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

Eventually.
    But and it’s a big but, Hyundai uses 800v system in its EV’s outside the Kona and the software does not agree with this on a version 3 supercharger. Some have reported getting only 100kW charging speeds max using the magic dock.
    Tesla supposedly had been working on a software update several years ago but nothing yet.

9. Would the same hold true for Ionic6 and EV6? Sorry for being so far off topic. I couldn't find the answer elsewhere on this forum, it seems the Ionic 5 guys are ahead of the curve.

10. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

Yes. Both use 800v.
    I have the I6 and it really charges fast on level 3 chargers when the battery is optimized.
    Not only does it max out at a very high charge but the charging curve is very linear compared to a lot of EVs.

11. Crash

Crash Member

I think I got around 97KW on a Supercharger with my I5.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Apparently a manual battery precondition button (not having to use Nav) is included in the 2025 model:

[​IMG]
    I hope this is included and functional in the N.A. market:)

14. JasonG

JasonG Member

Which superchargers have you been able to use? Only the magic dock ones or others with your own adapter? If your own adapter, which adapter do you use? Thanks