Rav4 Prime (price paid)

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by onix, Jan 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. onix

onix New Member

Would like to calibrate my purchase price to what others have recently paid for this PHEV.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Arbab Amjad

Arbab Amjad New Member

$52K for Rav4 Prime XSE

4. sc@ev

sc@ev New Member

I have been quoted between $5k-$10k over MSRP. I refuse to pay more than MSRP. I will wait until supply catches up with demand.

5. onix

onix New Member

Toyota's own website quotes $41,425 for the base XSE model. Where did you buy, and what options did you get?

6. Arbab Amjad

Arbab Amjad New Member

Mine is with premium package and few extras. MSRP was 51k for this vehicle.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. gonzo

gonzo New Member

Managed to find an XSE with the premium audio package and got it for 48.5k. MSRP was 46k but the dealership required that you get the clear guarding and scotch guard service which bumped it the 2.5k. Not the worst considering I at least got something for being asked to pay above MSRP which was better than any other dealership in the area. Next best was asking 3k above MSRP

9. onix

onix New Member

Geographic location, gonzo? Some have PM’ed getting MSRP, but way out in the woods.

10. gonzo

gonzo New Member

Portland, OR

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member

It would be very helpful if people reporting the price they paid (or were quoted) also gave the name of the dealer and even the salesperson. Also, OTD (Out-The-Door) prices are the easiest to compare.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. gonzo

gonzo New Member

Good call insightman. Doesn’t help much without all the info. Dealership was Ron Tonkin Toyota, salesman Wade.

as another note, they were only selling to customers with a Portland address because of the high demand

14. onix

onix New Member

Walked into the dealership in Oakland, CA. Not the yuppiest neighborhood. Salesperson said $20K over MSRP without a single one in stock. Buuhahahahaha!!! I left without a word.

15. gonzo

gonzo New Member

That’s almost half of the MSRP!?!? Crazy thing is knowing the area someone might actually pay that...

Glad I only stayed in the Bay Area for 2 years, those prices are insane. Might as well get a Tesla or a luxury car at that point