Pre-Orders are now open for the US

Discussion in 'Countryman EV' started by xd366, Oct 19, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. xd366

xd366 New Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

@Domenick posted a photo of an undisguised Countryman EV on April 17th. No one responded with unqualified love for its appearance.

Domenick likes this.
  5. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Some people view the U25 Countryman (174.4 in. length) it as a compact KIA Telluride (196.9 in. length). The resemblance is uncanny!

2023 telluride.jpg 2025-mini-countryman-electric-interior-115-64e77ff2a94ca.jpg

6. insightman

Wait. Only one of them makes it easy for the driver to see the vehicle's instrumentation.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

Well the instrumentation is merely a suggestion. With the HUD on my SE, I barely even look at the instrument cluster.

Anyways, German law dictates that speedometers are overstated from actual speed, which can work out to an extra 2-3MPH buffer.

9. insightman

Ditto. Also, I like our HUD better than displays I've seen reflected in other cars' windshields. The consistent background of our HUD ensures readability regardless of what's coming in from the other side of the windshield.

10. teslarati97

I believe the $45,200 Countryman E and SE are going to be the dual motor ALL4 only for the US market. Pricing out to an ICE 2024 Countryman w/ Iconic trim, that's around $42,400. I'm also pretty sure the HUD is standard for all 2025 electric models.

insightman likes this.
  11. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

Any details on the AWD motors? So many questions...

Says 313hp "Including temporary boost." Is that automatic based on headroom or maybe via 10s boost button or something? What is base hp that's available at all times? Any bias in boost or standard modes?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. teslarati97

Since the U25 is based on the iX1 (U11 in Europe), there is an iX1 eDrive20 FWD 204hp and a dual motor iX1 xDrive30 at 313hp (with a +40hp 10 second BOOST to take it up to 353hp). I'd imagine the E would refer to the FWD model (not available in USA) and SE would be the dual motor AWD. Motors will be the same as the iX1 as the Gen5 induction motors (no magnets). Tesla Bjorn managed to get 5.37 seconds for 0-62MPH (0-100km/h) in the xDrive30 so it's plenty quick without messing up your internal organs.

For BMWs there is generally a left BOOST paddle behind the steering wheel and I don't see one on the U25. Maybe you press and hold the mode button on the steering wheel.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023