MINI Countryman EV Spotted Undisguised And Oh Boy

Discussion in 'Countryman EV' started by Domenick, Apr 17, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MichaelC likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Is it just me or do the newer model MINI's look like ordinary cars.

SameGuy, carrrl and insightman like this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Well, it's basically the same as the BMW iX1 so yeah, generic. Man is it long, even though the iX1 is referred to as BMW's "smallest SUV". I doubt the extremely elongated front is going to be a giant frunk.

MichaelC likes this.
  5. To my eye the front of this car, with the crease in the hood, looks like a 'sedan'. Ick. Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 5.22.03 PM.png

6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I thought the three dimensional racing creases was a modern take on the stripes?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I would suggest giving it a hood scoop :eek: to take people's eyes off the creases. Or, maybe some stripes would help hide them?

Mini Cooper Stripe.jpg upload_2023-4-18_0-27-14.gif

9. teslarati97

Well the real question is are you a dog person, fish person, or a cat person?

dogfishcat.jpg

SameGuy, Rasmus Aage and Domenick like this.
  10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
  11. SameGuy

YUL
    That said, I’m unmoved. I guess I’ll wait to see the North American production version of the Aceman before deciding on a compact crossover (if we decide to go all-electric and trade in the low-mileage Subaru).

Puppethead likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. TuppyGlossop

TuppyGlossop New Member

What is the plastic piece at the C pillar? I can’t figure that out

14. teslarati97

Not sure. In the iX1, the rear passenger's head will be behind the C-pillar. Probably the airbag and/or seatbelt is in the interior. The spy shot distorts the Countryman making it look much longer that it actually is.

2023 MINI Countryman reveal-5.jpg

15. SameGuy

YUL
    Lol I just noticed that looking at the pictures in the article linked above while I was on the other forum, and pointed it out there. I came here to make the same remarks! What on Earth is this nonsense!?

IMG_0709.jpeg

Domenick likes this.
  16. SameGuy

YUL
    To be quite honest, I think the front fascia works really well. It’s a clever evolution of the R60 and F60 designs. It’s a pity about the rest of the car though.

17. teslarati97

Just wait and see if it's the evolution of a disco ball with projection lights (as opposed to side amber signal lights). I was recently watching some Tesla Bjorn about party buses in his neighborhood...

Domenick likes this.
  18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

When they took the parts out of the box, they misread the directions. Those two pieces go together to make the hood scoop.

SameGuy likes this.
  19. sacharama

sacharama Active Member

In action with camo

Domenick likes this.
  20. vader

vader Well-Known Member

I hate to be that person, but am I the first to say what a really ugly MINI. The previous gen countryman looked all right - not as good as the cooper, but all right. This is downright terrible. Secondly, even though it can be AWD, 200kW will mean that at about 2100kg, it will have the same power to weight ratio as the SE. Overall, quite disappointing. I had high hopes, and even put a deposit down sight unseen (as I did with the SE). This will be the first time I ever cancel a deposit. Disappointing.....

SameGuy and insightman like this.
  21. sacharama

sacharama Active Member

It kinda reminds me of the Ford FLEX and that's not flattering...

It's too long and it looks clumsy and bland

22. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

It looks way too long. Is that an artifact of the photo, or does it represent the actual dimensions? I’m not loving it.

23. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Qisl likes this.