New BlueLink?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Wildeyed, Aug 19, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Did anybody else get an email about a "new" BlueLink? It's supposed to be available today for download and I can't find it on Google Play Store. Given how generally crappy BlueLink has been for me I don't have high hopes but I was willing to try. God knows it couldn't get any worse.

bubz likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I received a email 2-3 days ago. Didn't see a update yet on the google store. Hope will be more reliable than the current version.

Need often to refresh the car status, to get other things done.

Wildeyed likes this.
  4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

July 6, 2022 seems to be the latest update on Google Play Store. Doesn't say what version that is though.

5. Screenshot_20220820-111509.png

Kirk likes this.
  6. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Ah, Canada version ... USA here.. Never got an email.

Wildeyed likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. From the sound of things the U.S. version has always been somewhat better than the Canadian one. I don't really know if that means it's in any way actually good though!

9. HyperSmiler

HyperSmiler New Member

I received the email as well but have not been able to download the updated app.

Speaking of updates, I see that Hyundai software update site is scheduled to go offline September 01. Presumably this is to prepare for their Fall vehicle software update.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. HyperSmiler

HyperSmiler New Member

Saw this update online….

Update August 22: A Hyundai spokesperson told iPhone in Canada the Bluelink app “is currently going through the Apple Store approval process and will be released concurrently with the Android version. We hope to launch the latest version of Bluelink in Canada this week.”

Wildeyed likes this.
  11. You'd think they might hold off on emailing customers and including a launch date when all they had was "hope".

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ah... Hyundai Canada, you can only expect such stellar communication from them.

Incidentally the update is now available for download.

Wildeyed likes this.
  14. I updated it. It didn't work. Wouldn't connect with the car and all information windows were blank. I called support. I sent a remote start signal and the information suddenly populated. Looks different but it's no better. Constant lockouts and delays while it tries and fails to connect. Still indicates it has failed even though the action was actually successful. Worst attribute is that if you scroll most pages to read the content the scrolling action initiates yet another unwanted refresh which locks you out while it grinds away, trying and failing to connect. Not good at all and certainly not an improvement.

Kirk, apu and electriceddy like this.
  15. HyperSmiler

HyperSmiler New Member

IMG_1531.JPG

The interface looks updated but I’m not sure there is any new functionality nor is it any faster

Domenick and Wildeyed like this.
  16. Screenshot_20220823-154650.png
    How'd you load the photo?

17. doggyworld

doggyworld Active Member

On a side note.. does anyone know if the Bluelink app will still work without a monthly subscription? My 3 years is almost up. :)

18. In Canada they say 5 years for 2018-19 model years. 3 years for all other model years. They seem ready to cut you off upon your anniversary date.

19. Well I guess that answers my question of starting my free 3 years subscription...think I will wait:D

20. Yeah, I find it really adds no improvement in functionality. Its actually alot slower especially when you first load the app. I do find some of the speed and delays are related to the car's modem ( my app is already installed on the latest whiz bang flagship phone so not that). My ionic 5's newer cell modem was much more snappier compared to my 2020 Kona EV's interaction with bluelink but with this new app it seems sadly regressive. Otherwise it looks nice.

Lars likes this.
  21. RocketGuy

RocketGuy New Member

Hello Wildeyed, this is not good news. The updated version is much more slower than the previous. Bluelink updates it’s application gradually; I suspect their servers are not powerful enough to do it in one day. I normally log in with faceID and it took several tries to be logged in. First look, it seems to do the same functions as before with a different look.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

Wildeyed likes this.
  22. Todd Hodgins

Todd Hodgins New Member

Yes I also received an advanced email, searched for the updated version to no success. However last night, as I attempted to open the old cr-app, it notified me that I was required to update to proceed.
    The “new” version app has a completely different look, and has some new options that are redundantly curious. We can continue to hope for increased speed because I think it’s slower than before, but at least it tells me that it might take up to two minutes to complete a task, whereas before I needed to guess where my 5-min of life went as I waited ‍

23. BernieNS

BernieNS New Member

So far it's an epic fail for me. Just when I got used to what the old one would do, and would not do, they come along with a new version (groan).

HyperSmiler likes this.