Mulitple system problems after 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by why, Apr 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. why

why New Member

Today is the 2 weeks anniversary of my Clarity and I was enjoying it over the past 2 weeks.

However, when I started the car at the airport parking garage, it came up with 4 different problems warning:

1) Emission system problem
    2) Brake system problem
    3) Road departure mitigation system problem
    4) Adaptive cruise control system problem

I can still start the car and continue to drive the car in EV mode back home. My EV range was 14 miles and according to google map, I was 12 miles away from my home. While I was on the freeway, I tried to change it to HV mode to charge the battery and I got "Drive Mode Change unavailable".

I don't want to take the risk with no power on the freeway so I got off the freeway and dropped it off at the closest dealer. Service department is closed today and I will probably find out what the problem is tomorrow. I was planning to take it for a 800 miles road trip early May and now I have to really think carefully.....

Anyone experienced these types of problem before?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Never have problem #1 or #2.
    #3 and #4 would pop up once or twice if sunlight was shining into the camera or if something was blocking the camera or sensor (honda logo in front) and this could go away after restarting the car.

Keep us posted!

4. PHEVer

PHEVer New Member

This happened to me when I used a public charger a month ago. The problem went away after maybe 2 days and ~3 charging cycles at home. The errors have not returned so I chalked it up to a one-time glitch.

5. why

why New Member

So you ignored the warning and continue to drive the car and the warning went away by itself?

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

1) Emission system problem
    2) Brake system problem

Ignore those when there is actually an issue and you are screwed.

8. PHEVer

PHEVer New Member

I ignored it only because - 1) I had the next few days off, 2) I was driving locally, 3) EVs are known to have these spontaneous error/check engine light glitches that resolve after a day or two. I did drive cautiously, of course, so I felt it was fine. I was intending to bring it in to dealership if it didn't resolve after maybe 3 or so days anyhow. But, being a part of another PHEV forum and constantly reading for almost a year about spontaneous warning lights and them resolving on their own .... or the owners bringing their vehicle in to dealership only to find nothing...this really didn't worry me too much.

9. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

This happened to me a couple of months ago at about 1000 miles. Took it to the dealer and they couldn’t find anything wrong, but reset the computer and the problem hasn’t reoccured.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

10. Ragman

Ragman New Member

No problem yet after 4000 km (2485 miles).

11. To remove this ad click here.