KIA EV6 U.S. prices are out, cars coming soon

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Domenick, Jan 25, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Pricing for the 2022 Kia EV6 in the U.S. have just been announced.
    You can see the breakdown in the chart below with destination included in the price. Included in the price is 1,000 free kWh of electricity usable over a 3-year period, though it's not specified how that works (I'm assuming it's through Electrify America, but don't don't take this for granted until they officially announce it).

Don't forget, it is still eligible for the $7,500 Federal tax credit, so that may be a consideration if you owe a lot of income tax.

Maybe the best news here, though, is that cars are expected to begin deliveries in a few weeks and it will be available in all 50 states from the get-go.

Kia-EV6-price.jpg

1st-KonaEV-in-FL and insightman like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

So, for the top AWD GT-Line trim along with the $2,600 First Edition Package (including heat-pump, heated non-D shaped steering wheel, 2nd row heated seats, and 20" rims), you're looking at $59,715 ($55,900+$2,600+$1,215)--before Dealer Market Adjustments. It's interesting that the First Edition Package appears to exclude the options for various seat-covering options; body-color wheel arch, side sill, belt-line molding; and scuff plates. Somehow, a rear wiper didn't make the option list at any price.

Domenick likes this.
  4. DLinLV

DLinLV New Member

Dont know why but Kia dealer here in Las Vegas on Thursday told me no EV6 until 2013. I didnt press by asking if that was model year, or calendar year of delivery.
    What is the reality?

5. 2023?

DLinLV likes this.
  6. DLinLV

DLinLV New Member

2023, yes. Sorry about that.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

The reality is that you will have to wait until the deliveries start in the states. At that time, you might get a better idea.

In the meanwhile, go to the Hyundai dealer and checkout the Ioniq 5. Centennial Hyundai looks like they are bringing in 15 vehicles.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    DLinLV likes this.
  9. DLinLV

DLinLV New Member

Hey Marshall, funny about the coincidence here. I was there yesterday afternoon and wanted to make a deal on a SEL that is on the lot. The $6,999.00 markup is a stopping point for me, but it was the exact colors/model my wife wants. I may counter with them tomorrow, since she still wants it.

10. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I would check with out-of-state dealers to see if one will sell at MSRP and then have it delivered. It shouldn't cost more than a thousand bucks to have it delivered from an out-of-state dealer.

Otherwise just deal with the local dealer online. Don't go there until you have a written out-the-door price you like.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Kia/Hyundai aren't known for releasing their price lists a year before their cars go on sale. More like the day after their cars go on sale.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Let the Games Begin!

Keeping track & shopping both the IONIQ 5 & EV6.

I received a call from Coral Springs Kia (Coral Springs, FL) saying they had their first EV6 vehicle delivered, a first edition Snow White Pearl.

Sent me stickers for two others due to arrive this week, a GT-Line RWD and a WIND AWD. First words out of his mouth was $10k over! Needless to say, I am still laughing.

Here are the stickers they sent.
    75CA8638-5938-4800-8E7A-A0226C28B8C5.jpeg A7C007DD-EFBD-4BAB-9BB6-FABBCAD0900E.jpeg 69AE4273-A7AD-4DC5-87DE-64F94FEF6751.jpeg

14. Received a call from Phil Smith Kia (Lighthouse Point, FL), the dealer I leased my Niro EV from. Hot off the delivery truck, a Glacier GT-Line with the 1st Edition package, Sticker Price $59,885! Said I’d take it, put the deal together and this is what I received…remember I am previous customer who has a relationship with the dealership.
    58D2F641-C831-44C9-8263-85C8EFD57D5D.jpeg
    I am still laughing & more than a bit appalled.

Nice color and looks good/different on the car. Kia & Hyundai are starting to make me rethink and change my mind and reconsider Tesla despite no SiriusXM, Ventilated Seats, Apple CarPlay or retractable roof covering.

D443921B-00C2-423D-AFF2-66999917EE3A.jpeg E4747F16-7DD2-487F-9E1B-1CB9B4250934.jpeg

Domenick and insightman like this.
  15. Forward your comments to KIA corporate. They're no doubt aware of this practice. Tangible evidence of this *could* result in reallocation.

This can only depress sales.

https://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/contacts

16. Now that's some sticker shock! :eek:

Looks like we need to start a thread of dealers who are selling at MSRP for EV6. (We have one for Ioniq 5, and there are a good number of dealerships listed).

1st-KonaEV-in-FL likes this.
  17. DLinLV

DLinLV New Member

18. Here’s a good one! This is the addendum sticker on a Wind AWD. The addendum is wrong as it lists the trim as GT-Line. Finding this to be a common error on some dealer listings.
    5A9C1950-9EF0-4C90-974E-5D75836EC9BC.jpeg D142BD44-9D7F-4181-B00D-59B90E48777D.jpeg