Wanted - any Hyundai dealer US - Nationwide that sells Ioniq 5 without markups

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by FloridaSun, Jan 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Anyone who knows a dealership that sells Ioniq 5 without markups or dealer add ons, could you post dealer name and location?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bob Stallings Hyundai Dallas TX sells them with no Mark up, add on, or dealer fee.

RLove, Tony S and electriceddy like this.
  4. FloridaSun

Thank you so much!

5. EMUL

EMUL New Member

Lia Hyundai of Hartford CT sells without mark up or add on. They do have their "standard" $599 documentation fee.

FloridaSun likes this.
  6. FloridaSun

Thanks!.. they only seem to have 5 SE's at the moment.. no SEL's..

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. EMUL

EMUL New Member

Maybe they are spoken for, but their inventory shows 2 SEL's in transit:
    https://www.liahyundaiofhartford.com/searchnew.aspx?Type=N&Make=Hyundai&Model=IONIQ 5

They advised me to use the "search" on the main page, not from the header drop-down. The main page search shows "in transit", the other search does not.

I have been dealing with Mo (Manager) and Angela (internet sales). Tell them I sent you!
    Mo can see his pipeline out further than what is posted online. They are selling off of that list in many cases. In fact, I just put a deposit down on a Limited due in end of Feb!
    John

9. FloridaSun

Looks like they are AWD we want the extra range with RWD.. Wife also wants white color with two tone interior, not black..so, she is looking for a specific car.

10. Good luck. It might be easier to find a needle in a haystack ...

FloridaSun likes this.
  11. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Foe PHEV were and for BEV should be Balise Hyundai Of Fairfield 338 Commerce Drive Fairfield, CT 06824 at (203) 418-4445 and Hyundai 112 2114 Route 112 Medford, NY 11763 at (631) 758-2200.

Domenick, FloridaSun and Tony S like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. FloridaSun

Went to Courtesy Hyundai in Tampa, just 35 miles from me.. They have 14 IONIQ 5's coming in and I was assured by the sales guy that they do NOT mark up the cars above MSRP and they have the color combination that the wife likes.. However, the wife was so turned off by the experience at the dealer in Ocala that she no longer wants the car.. I'm still trying to convince her..

GaryClark and Ride_Da_Lightning like this.
  14. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

I have two dealers near me - Bakersfield Hyundai and one in Palmdale, CA. Bakersfield has marked them all up 5k. For some reason my $100 reservation was assigned to Bakersfield, so they keep calling me. I keep telling them I'll look at one if I am ever in town, but refuse to pay a markup. Her on the phone response was that "Everything is negotiable". Not sure I care to drive 2 hours to test that. Palmdale Hyundai, I've heard will have mark-ups, but I've yet to nail down what those will be. Website doesn't show. Los Angeles has a lot of dealers so I'm hoping at least one will promise no dealer mark ups or $1600 in dealer "accessories". I currently have a 2018 Leaf but wanted to upgrade.

Anyone in the LA area find a good dealer?

Mark W and GaryClark like this.
  15. If you can make it down to San Diego, National City CA Frank Hyundai has Ioniq 5s at MSRP.

16. Yes, only SE and SEL models, though.

17. DLinLV

DLinLV New Member

I am working with Palm Springs Hyundai. No markup, no add ons, nothing. They require you finance through them, thats it.

I am looking for a specific SEL which they dont have yet. But will wait a few months to see if they get what I want.

I live in Vegas and dealers are greedy and unwilling to bend on their BS.

18. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

Thanks!

I did finally talk to Rally Hyundai in Palmdale, CA. 10k markup at the dealer, 5k if you do the deal online. I held my tongue and politely said no thanks.

I can't help but wonder, with stock market crumbling, inflation rampant, if (likely when) we hit a recession in 12 months, how will the dealers like it when people walk in and offer them 10k BELOW MSRP. That will be sweet justice. I *will* remember which dealers tried to rip me off.

Good to know about San Diego and about Palm Springs. I still have to believe at least one of the many in LA will as well, but I haven't had time to call them or email them all. I'd totally be willing to drive the 3.5 hours back for that amount of savings. Only issue would be the logistics of getting down there in the first place. Actually, for saving 5k, it might even be worth paying $600 and shipping the vehicle.

19. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

Anyone in the LA area, Ontario Hyundai sent me a quote with "only" 1k in dealer markup, but they have a bunch of dealer addons you would have to put up with - seat protection, wheel locks, security system and such. I received an email from Palm Springs confirming they do not mark up their vehicles, but I have yet to see a quote, so I don't know about addons. I'm also not sure if they will do the CA Clean Fuel reward at purchase - $750 off - it isn't shown on their website.

20. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    I'm not sure how many IONIQ 5's are in the pipeline heading state side. If I were buying, I'd find the unit I want at MSRP and make the drive if necessary. It appears Hyundai just dumped a bunch of SE's and SEL's state side with a few Limited's sprinkled in so they could say they did. Most dealers are already showing what is coming their way. I'd guess the bulk of what's coming is seen as "In Transit" on dealer pages and there could be a mid year shipment but then it's 2023's. Sad part is dealers and Hyundai are still showing the Limited pictures to represent the IONIQ 5 regardless of trim and nothing could be more misleading. It's not just the deleted relaxation passenger seat and glove drawer but the entire look of the outside of the EV. I said it before that no one has ever seen the SE or SEL and I nailed it. The UK got the Project 45's that held the Limited Look with a graphic or two on the C pillar but ,mostly it looked the part. I can only stomach the SE or SEL exterior in Matte Grey or possibly White but it's almost impossible to hide the ugly. I think Hyundai will learn after 10 months of showing one thing and delivering 90% of the EV's that look drastically different will have as much an impact on sales as the "Dealer Adjustments" are having. Bottom line is your reservation isn't an order and until they shower the country with volume or you wait for the day Hyundai will take a legitimate order on this vehicle we are just left with the worlds left overs. Yup, I said it. The US got the last of what they were making in 2022 and they were running so thin that there is not many and simple rear heated seats you find in the cheapest Hyundai's got removed. I've said it before...someone did something rude to them to have them to have the US always getting second best to the worlds allotment.

21. DLinLV

DLinLV New Member

22. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

I was down in LA shopping over the weekend, and I stopped at the Hyundai dealer in Palmdale. As I wrote earlier, they had told me via email 10k markup at the dealer and 5k online. They had two SEL models so i wanted to finally see them in person. Sadly my wife still is undecided - or worse, said she doesn't really like the interior. But an interesting thing happened - as we are about to leave, they said they couldn't do MSRP on the two on the lot but WOULD do it for one on order if I wanted.

Amazing how quick they came down in price to try and make a sale. I wonder if they are starting to get pushback on the markups, or they see a recession coming in the next 12 months, or what... the manager who told me this also told me that invoice was the same as MSRP on the I5, which is why they had to mark them up.

Anyone believe that?

23. DLinLV

DLinLV New Member

Invoice same as MSRP is untrue. The dealer makes money on the sale no matter what sales person says.
    Formal complaints have been filed against dealers here in Nevada and with FTC. Hopefully it catches up with these dealers quickly.
    Their markups are in direct contrast to the current administration's goals to expand EV sales. Newsome won't put up with it in Cali and the Biden bunch will crack down nationally.
    Just remains to be seen how quickly this happens.

KJ - Co likes this.