Key fob casing upgrade

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Rogue Synapse, Sep 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I’m new to having a Mini. The one little thing that has grated on me since I got the car earlier this year is how egregiously large and round the key fob is. It turns out that entire round area around the buttons is completely superfluous. I got a metal case replacement that I’m pretty happy with. This particular one is very solid and premium-feeling. It came with a tiny screwdriver to pop off the OEM parts and a little instruction book for how to do the swap. I got it on Etsy and it shipped from the UK a couple weeks sooner that it said it would.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/803637331/mini-jcw-plain-black-alloy-metal-key-fob
    919F5D9B-3C92-4701-A3B2-CDEB3DF46EF7.jpeg B409DA7E-D1A6-41C2-A6C3-C871D11F72E8.jpeg

endquote likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    6179F8AB-14F3-4ED8-B8B9-BC3E20898C38.jpeg Ordered both of mine from Amazon.com; the polished one arrived from China within a week or so and is my EDC, while the Union flag version arrived with Prime in two days, and is on the “spare” fob that sits in the key dish by the front door. I’m aware that the sublimated print of the flag might wear off, so it’ll stay as the spare.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber