First fill up/Honda Link not updating HV range

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Naughtysauce, Oct 14, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

So finally had to do my first fill up since buying the car almost 3 weeks ago, it filled up to 6.8 gallons so I almost ran it bone dry. Other than getting crappy EV miles, at least my HV miles are doing great at an estimated 379 miles with a 7 gallon tank which means it would get around 54mpg. I'm expecting it to realistically get 45mpg once it adapts to my driving style, but hoping for that higher mpg. I'm going to start doing my HV range test staring now(as much as I hate running the ICE), so no "EV only" mode for me till the gas is bone dry, and I will not be charging the battery till the tank is empty so I'll be using it as a pure hybrid. What's the best HV MPG have you've got on your Clarity?

On that note, after the fill up, I updated the Hondalink app to see if it updated the HV mileage and although it updated the actual HV miles, the status bar did not update, it's staying at around a little over 3/4 full. Has anyone ran into this issue?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

Screenshot_20211014-084344_HondaLink.jpg

4. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

The app has been temperamental the last few weeks. Seems to be related to iOS 15. Check the ranges on the car itself.

5. The app has been temperamental on Android too. I think their servers are having a problem

Madmartigen and Mowcowbell like this.
  6. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

It's a free app, they have zero motivation to keep it running tip top. Imagine if they just put all the information we need in the car itself instead of having to access a silly app.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I don't actually care about the information (I can get that in the car, more or less). I DO care about the ability to precondition, which has been hit or miss recently

9. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Madmartigen likes this.
  10. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

Different mindsets I guess, but yes not being able to precondition would be frustrating. I found when I had issues, I completely removed my phone from the Bluetooth list in the car and reconnected.

11. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member

My issue is not the range but the actual meter not updating. But I will bring this up to my dealer this weekend.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tallerbill

Tallerbill New Member

2018 Touring. Similar thing happened to me this week. Put in gas-did not fill it up-dash did not update HV range display or show the increase in fuel in the tank. HondaLink behaved the same way.

Madmartigen likes this.
  14. 2021 Touring US Edition. Something similar happened to me with my second fill up. Drove the car over in EV mode, filled the tank with 6.1 gallons. Drive away in HV mode. No change to range estimate or fuel gauge. Get to my destination and stop the car. Next start, still no change even though the engine was used during previous trip, so original pre-fill range hadn't decreased, either. Drive away, get to destination and park. Decide to open fuel door and close, thinking it may be a software issue. Still no update to range with that trip in HV mode, also. Final attempt is to open fuel door AND fuel cap (maybe pressure related?) This time the expected range updates to a very high number (what I think it would have been right after the fill up) and begins decreasing with engine usage. I suspect that the HV range was still over estimated, but I didn't run it to dry as I can't reliably keep my EV range high enough for me to feel comfortable. No repeat in this behavior in two more fills.