Cool MINI Cooper / MINI Cooper SE swag — gift ideas

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by bldxyz, Mar 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Needless to say, I’m excited as all-get-out to receive my SE in April. That month also includes my birthday, probably before the car arrives.

If people who knew me were also MINI enthusiasts, they might buy me .... what? What might be cool things to recognize my newfound MINI love?

(My family is highly suggestible, so anything I think is cool I might be able to persuade them to gift me!)

GvilleGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

CuriousGeorge likes this.
  4. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Ha, the first thing that came to my mind is a smaller key fob shell. The stock one is enormous.

There's a 3D puzzle that's really cool and comes in various colors. I have this one.

[​IMG]

There are also some cool metal signs out there of the original Mini. Here's one that my wife got me a few years ago.

[​IMG]

Also check out the badges at https://www.gobadges.com/

Lainey likes this.
  5. chrunck

Oh and the Lego Mini Cooper is really awesome, though they stopped making it a few years ago. You can still find it on eBay, though.

Lainey likes this.
  6. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

These are all really cool ideas! Keep them coming!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Is there even a grille spot to place a badge on the 2022 EV? I have to look carefully. But the idea appeals to me.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The older MINI logo on this face mask suggests this design was created before the MINI Cooper SE, but the slogan applies more to the SE than any other MINI Cooper. I gave one of these to my MINI Motoring Advisor and told him that whenever someone comes in looking for information about the MINI Electric, he ask them to wait a second, take a few steps away, and switch to this face mask before continuing. (Note: This smiling model is not me or my MINI Motoring Advisor.)

upload_2021-3-8_10-33-44.png

MichaelC, Lainey and bldxyz like this.
  10. chrunck

Very good question! I don't know the answer, but they also make license plate ones for the rear (and front if you live somewhere that requires front plates).

11. insightman

Here's a new-age badge for people to affix to the front of their 2022 MINI Cooper SE. Maybe it could be a sticker--stickers would work better on the 2022 grille.
    upload_2021-3-8_18-16-51.png

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

This is the best SE "badge" I've seen, but it's not actually a badge. I'd like to get one, and also figure out how to put it on my car.

[​IMG]

Texas22Step, Lainey and insightman like this.
  14. insightman

There are many companies that will turn a graphic into a sticker for you. It won't look like a real, flat badge, but it will be more aerodynamic. Perhaps clever use of a fake shadow, fake mounting screws, and a touch of fake rust could make a sticker look like a flat badge mounted on your front bumper. I'm happy with a small, removable vinyl sticker Sticker Genius made for me.

Speaking of stickers, it's cool that California allows the use of aerodynamic license plate wraps in place of flat, metal front license plates. It's too bad other states that force front license plates on their residents don't also allow them.

I don't know if the front bumper on either version of the MINI Cooper SE is tall enough to mount one of these license plate wraps. Perhaps with a touch of creative trimming...

upload_2021-3-9_0-16-33.png

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Texas22Step, Lainey and GvilleGuy like this.
  15. Puppethead

I was looking at a badge sticker last night, but I worry about how permanent the adhesive is. The thought I had is using some strong 3M adhesive for the badge holder, and then using regular badges.

Lainey likes this.
  16. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

And here I am buying vinyl to cover up the bright yellow e badges on mine. Not that I'm ashamed of having an EV, I just don't like the yellow. Going for holographic glitter instead. Vinyl is great for many things.

17. Puppethead

This might be helpful for covering the yellow S emblem.

Lainey likes this.
  18. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I had seen those and ones for the electric badge. I paid $12 for a 5x1 foot sheet of black holographic so will just do it myself. If I suck it up, I will order! This way I can cover the side scuttles too.

19. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

For me, the yellow-on-green is a throwback to my alma mater. I went to Clarkson University whose colors are green and gold. For others (like my wife), the colors just clash and look bad together.

Lainey likes this.
  20. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I am in the camp of thinking the yellow goes well with the green, but I like the more muted yellow presentation of the 2022 "s" badging vs the yellow plug logos on the 2021.

21. insightman

The sticker I had made by StickerGenius has no adhesive. However, I would not be surprised if the paint behind the clear sticker ages at a different rate than the paint exposed to the elements.

Lainey likes this.
  22. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if that's just the lighting. On the side scuttles in the promotional video they looked similarly yellow. To the point if I (as an Ohio state grad) had the Island Blue they would have to be changed.

The green isn't bad with it, but I just want them all a different color. I'm not getting any quotes annoyingly from any vinyl wrap places (not sure why, I requested them - maybe they have no clue what the grille is like on the SE). So I may be doing it all myself anyway. For now, the yellow badges and the side scuttles will be done over. I may just call body shops and ask about color matching the grille to the BRG. If I hate it, I'll vinyl over it. Totally wishy washy on that.

23. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Poor wording choice from me (muted). I think the yellow is the same. I just think the "s" logos are not as visibly prominent as the plugs. I wish the plug was not on the back of the 2022.