Clarity Spotting

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by John Lilly, Sep 2, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

I’ve seen an occasional Clarity around the Atlanta area, but last week, coming into a parking lot was a Clarity exactly like mine (green, Touring). Of course, I couldn’t resist parking next to it and taking a picture...the one on the right is mine...
    IMG_9924.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

Today I was driving on the freeway and a clarity the same color as mine passed me. It really looked cool as it approached from the rear and passed me. It looked like it just came off the showroom floor. It was wendy but the car looked so stable as it went around me and disappeared. A very pleasant surprise.

4. Johngalt6146

Johngalt6146 Active Member

I parked in a very empty lot between Bonefish and the T Mobile store on Hilton Head Island on Sat. 9/22/18. When we finished dinner there was an exact copy Crimson Touring parked next to me, also with SC plates. This is the first other Clarity I have seen outside a dealer in almost 10 months!

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm sure the owner of that Clarity twin was just as thrilled, if not more, to discover yours. Did you look around to see if they were watching from behind a nearby telephone pole? That's not what I would do. I'd be hanging out in my Clarity, waiting out the hours for your return. Someday I'll meet another Clarity owner, I hope.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Johngalt6146

Johngalt6146 Active Member

We looked around and waited, but no one came! This is such a rare car, that its like meeting someone in the Gobi Desert. I did take a picture, however - see attached.

Attached Files:

Pegsie likes this.
  8. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I'm a Sandy Munro fan - and during his recent drive across the country in a Tesla Model S Plaid, he stopped in South Philly for a cheese steak. As they were attempting to park the Plaid along one of the area's tiny alleys, look what was there to greet them! munro.png

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My Munro fandom took a hit when he dissed the electric MINI Cooper SE while admitting he didn't even take it for a drive around the block. This, after explaining how he personally assisted BMW in the recreation of the MINI brand.

I was surprised when looking at vanity license plates for my 2021 SE that "PLAID" was still available. I thought about taking that plate just to upset Tesla fanatics. Then I recalled my experience at a local Drive Electric Week event in 2018. I brought my Clarity Plug-In Hybrid to the event and displayed a chart showing how I could go long distances at the speed limit in less time than a Tesla. A Tesla owner was so upset he went to the organizer, demanding I be ejected from the event because I was promoting the burning of gasoline (which, I must admit, I was). That experience convinced me that pissing off Tesla owners was not a good idea. I settled on "ELEKTRO" to complement our Clarity's "IONIZER."

10. mustermutti

mustermutti Member

Where I live (Pasadena, Southern California) Clarities seem popular. Sometimes I see three of us at a single intersection. Once I got passed on the freeway by two Clarities, one on each side.

Still excited every time I see another one.

11. To remove this ad click here.