Anyone purchased the IONIQ 6? If so please report your opinions.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 6' started by bpratt, Apr 22, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

I have looked around for an IONIQ6 forum that has some owner opinions, thoughts, pluses and minuses of the car. Is there another forum somewhere? I currently own a 2018 Honda Clarity and I'm looking to replace it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Google to the rescue: https://www.ioniqforum.com/forums/hyundai-ioniq-6.590/

4. I'm visiting with Hyundai this week and should be trying out the Ioniq 6. Not quite the same as an owner's perspective, but I'll try to share my thoughts here. My podcast co-host Kyle Conner spent some time with it and really liked it. Basically as good as the Ioniq 5 (which is really good) but with the sedan form factor.

5. insightman

I like that Hyundai had the novel idea of positioning the instrumentation in front of the driver. I've read many Tesla owners say they get used to looking off to the side, but I don't wanna.

6. Yeah, I'm driving a Tesla Model 3 now, and I don't mind looking slightly to the right to view speed, but would prefer something right in front of me.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. James Millet

James Millet New Member

Recently traded in my 2021 Hyundai Sonata N Line on my 2023 IONIQ 6 SEL AWD. Controls are very similar so not much of a learning curve. Charging with the OE 12-amp 110V charger limiting the AC charge to 90%. Build quality on this vehicle manufactured in Korea is outstanding compared to my Montgomery Alabama assembled N Line. The frunk is useless, but the rear seat leg and head room is generous, and the trunk is adequate. The design reminds me of the 1994 Infinity J30 with a Porsche whale tail. Even without the Federal Tax credit it costs less than a comparable Tesla Type 3.

electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  9. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    I purchased an Ioniq 5, but let me tell you why I didn’t purchase the 6: my wife thought the overall feel was smaller than the 5, and for me it’s when I’m sitting in the back at 6’ with a 34” inseam, my head touches the ceiling. if height is not an issue, consider the best color to be the silver because of the charge cover plastic paint matching the best along with the darker under body at the rear that sets the profile with the right balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Domenick likes this.
  10. James Millet

James Millet New Member

I sold my Imola Red BMW Z4 M Coupe so had to have another red car. The Hyundai Ultimate Red Metallic reminds me of the old candy apple red popular with hot rodders in the 1960s.

Domenick likes this.
  11. My red Ultimate Ioniq 6 is stuck in the Vancouver port since June 3, very frustrating. And now the Longshoreman union are holding a strike vote this weekend, which likely will totally shut it down soon after. My only hope is that it can get out of there and to the dealer before that happens. I am checking with the sales GM at my dealer very frequently, and he patiently keeps informing me that he has no way of predicting when it will arrive.

I am planning a a long trip to Manitoba (near desert for charging stations) starting June 27th, and hoping to be able to go with the new car.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. This could be the week. Dealer says it made it through the port (unloaded) and now showing as "scheduling dispatch to carrier". They are expecting about 15 cars to arrive this week, and mine could be in that bunch.

insightman likes this.
  14. SkyH

SkyH New Member

Took delivery of my IONIQ 6 LTD about a week ago, so just getting used to things. Absolutely love it, however. I came from a Kia K5 EX Premium, so all the fancy safety and convenience features are still here with this car, and this is one of the reasons i bought it. I have been waiting for a decent sedan EV for a few years, and as soon as I saw the Ioniq 6 product reveal video I knew I would get this car. Finally made it! I'll try to give an honest review in a few weeks but so far I've only had troubles with the digital key not being able to work. 1-ioniq-fullside-sky.jpg

15. insightman

Great photo! It illustrates how hard Hyundai worked to turn their Prophecy concept into a real car while preserving so much of the concept's character.

SkyH likes this.
  16. Just got a call from the dealer this morning (Fri) and said the car is now scheduled for delivery on Mon, the 26th. Said they could do the PDI same day and ready to go, unless delivery is late. That is the day I was planning to start my trip. I was giving us an extra day for charging etc, as with our ICE car I know leaving Tues morning would be OK. So it is going to very tight, as we have events scheduled there to attend (town reunion).

insightman likes this.
  17. Was hoping to get it today. But didn't happen. Will have to leave tomorrow morning for our trip in our ICE car. Will be back on Jul 6, so would for sure to be able to get it then.

Big disappointment... Really wanted the I6 for this trip. Going to cost me an extra $800 for gas. Would have been mostly free charging on the trip (6000 kms return), maybe $30 for a stretch on the way back. Oh, well, that's life...

18. insightman

Dealers: upload_2023-6-26_21-3-12.png

19. Sorry it didn't arrive for you within the time frame hoped for. You could always take some back roads w/ your Solterra for added adventures:D

20. Oh, the Solterra will get plenty of work out to our cabin this summer. But sure wanted to have the I6 for the trip. Now will have to take the Crosstrek. Had to borrow it back from my son, and they will get to use the Solterra for a week.

21. Finally got the I6. Of course it arrived at the dealer the day we were leaving on the trip, so wasn't ready for us to take. Got back yesterday and picked it up today. Here are a couple pics. The middle one is the Solterra which will be our off-road vehicle, and the far side blue one is the Crosstrek which will go to our 16 year old grandson. Anyway, got exactly what I wanted, red ultimate trim, so very happy now.
    upload_2023-7-6_16-54-31.png
    upload_2023-7-6_16-55-34.png

mtd, insightman and electriceddy like this.
  22. Need welding glasses to look at pictures, the vehicle shine could damage my eyes:)
    Beautifull car.

R P likes this.
  23. ITown

ITown Active Member

I like the EV6 in red! Looks great overall, although I definitely prefer the front angle to the back angle.

R P likes this.