Ambient light ring went dark?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by David Kerman, Feb 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Kerman

David Kerman New Member

Hi folks - wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what may have happened.

I was mid-drive in my 2022 SE (only about a month old) when out of nowhere, the ambient light ring around the infotainment system went dark. The other ambient lights still operate as normal - it's just the central ring that went out. I went into the settings to play around with turning it off and on, but that didn't work, nor did turning the car off and on again. Any ideas?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS Well-Known Member

Other than checking that it’s not been accidentally switched off in the menu, which it sounds like you’ve done, I’ve not seen anything like that. If you’re near a dealer it might be worth dropping in to see if they can look at it.

4. Whosehouse

Whosehouse New Member

Literally just happened to me last week. I was driving around and it went out. I got home and did a software reset of it. Nothing. Power cycled the car, nothing. Called the dealer and set up an appointment.

An hour later I power cycled it again and it came on. Been on ever since. I’m assuming it’s some software bug.

5. Or maybe a bad connection at the back of the head unit?

6. David Kerman

David Kerman New Member

This just happened to me as well! The first time I ran a power cycle, nothing happened. After leaving it for a day, pre-conditioning, and starting it up again, the ring appears fine now. If it happens again, I'll probably bring it in for service and have the dealer check it out

7. To remove this ad click here.