Advise on Car color

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Geor99, Dec 25, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Do not get your Clarity in black!!!! I regret this decision every single day.

It looks better than the other colors right after a wash; but it impossible to keep clean-absolutely impossible!!!

Hopefully this will save someone my pain:)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

PS. I have a test Accord. I never wash it and it looks great. I washed my Clarity yesterday, and it looks terrible this am. It hasn't even moved. I forgot to put the cover on, as I was late for a Xmas party.

4. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Grey Accord- autocorrect:)

5. In looking at cars here, my steel looks slightly dirty, but not awful. Silver might be even better in the winter--shows the road salt less. I'd consider those colors (especially silver).

I didn't consider black for this very reason.

insightman likes this.
  6. Nemesis

Nemesis Active Member

It is well known that the Silver Clarity is the fastest and most fuel efficient.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. "Fastest" and "Clarity" should not be used in the same sentence

chris5168 and MNSteve like this.
  9. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

We already had 3 black cars in the family, so I knew what I was getting into. But, I love the black look. Agreed that it is a little more trouble to maintain than any other color. Luckily I have garage at work and at home so it is somewhat babied.

10. Robert_Alabama

Also, got to admit... my father in law has the white Clarity. We added the body side molding to it during Thanksgiving. I bought the splash guards and the Chrome lower door trim for him for Christmas and we put them on today. I think the car looks sharp with the molding and the Chrome trim package.

11. capt3450

capt3450 New Member

Bob, please post the picture (or email it to me). I got the splash guards set(black) but still hesitated to put it on my Silver Clarity.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Claire Green

Claire Green Member

insightman likes this.
  14. Robert_Alabama

Sent you a message via Start a New Conversation feature...

15. Cali65

Cali65 Member

Can you send me pics too, thank you.

16. Robert_Alabama

Sorry. My father in law is 86 and doesn't do smartphone so I can't get him to send pics. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pics while we were doing the work (we were pushed for time and we finished up right at dark and he wanted to get started back - lives about 60 miles away). I'll be able to get pics when I see him again in a month or so. I do have the splash guards and body molding on my black Clarity if you want any pics from it. Also I can help you some with the install of the splash guards as the instructions on the rear ones are a lot harder than they need to be. We did jack up the car and take off each of the rear wheels to get more room to work, but that was the hardest part (my 24 year old son thought it was probably unnecessary and he probably was right).

Cali65 likes this.
  17. bfd

bfd Active Member

The green is almost black. Most of the time. LOL. And yes, it needs frequent attention if it lives outside.

4sallypat likes this.
  18. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

The crimson gets filthy, but self washes in the rain. Would probably look great after a monsoon. None where I live, but lots of dirt roads and salt and sand so I plan to drive a dirty car for the next decade just as I have done for the past decades. This one will just flaunt the neglect.

19. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The green gets really really dusty after just a small run on the dirt road, and for the most time.. It's pretty much black... I wish I got a white or silver.

4sallypat and Pegsie like this.
  20. Eddgie

Eddgie Active Member

The thing I don't like about the Clarity is that the interior color is tied to the exterior color.

I picked the Green because I found the tan interior to be very much warmer in tone than the dark grey interior of the silver and grey cars.

And that meant my choices were white, red, and green. My GF does not like red, and the white was not to my tastes either.

When clean, the green is very rich and elegant looking (in my opinion of course) but it does start to show dust and dirt by the time you get it back from the car wash.

Thing here is that I spend far more time looking at the inside than the outside, so a warm, inviting interior was more important than the outside.

MPower and insightman like this.
  21. BrettB

BrettB New Member

Absolutely! Offer more combinations, or at least swap the black for a lighter gray. I really don't get the appeal of black/very-dark-gray - even here in New England, the summer sun on a black interior makes it thoroughly unpleasant. Wanting a light interior seriously limits the outside color choices. My crimson-red is quite pretty, especially when clean & shiny, but it's the same color as my Odyssey and my 12-year-old Accord.

I do wish Honda would offer some more exciting color options - I think a Clarity in *bright* red would look great...

MPower likes this.
  22. I was about to post the same thing.

Our first choice was red. We got green, our second choice, because that’s what the dealer had.

Karen tells me it’s gorgeous. I say that because I’m red/green “colorblind” so reds and greens have to be pretty bright to make an impression on me. Our car looks only vaguely “greenish” to me, depending on the light. I thought the bright blue Volt was quite pretty, and that the Clarity would really “pop” in that color, or a bright red or yellow. But I guess Honda was going more for subtly sophisticated and less sporty/flashy. Save that for the Civics!

As an aside, I don’t normally care for white - it seems kinda common and pedestrian. But it looks good to me on the Clarity, emphasizing the angular lines in a way the darker colors don’t.

But all that said, “There’s no accounting for taste!”

23. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

How much do you think it would cost to paint a black Clarity Grey:) I washed it this am and when I got to work it was filthy. I drove on a clean freeway for 45 minutes.

I've never cared about keeping my cars clean; but I have always had grey cars; mainly by circumstance.

I park next to 3 grey Teslas. Of course, they are much nicer cars; but they never seem dirty unlike my black car.