AC

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Front Row, Dec 29, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Front Row

Front Row Member

Is anyone else having AC issues in their Clarity, we have 2 and mine has had the condenser replaced under warranty luckily but the evaporator just went out 6 months later which is not covered. The dealer quoted me $2500 but the manufacturer paid a lot of it. But my wife’s car had the evaporator go out as well the manufacturer paid some of hers too but not as much as mine. The dealer has to call the manufacturer and wheel and deal a price, since my car was the second one I got a better deal, but it’s been $1000 for the both. One of my neighbors has one too and his has had the condenser and the evaporator replaced in his. Any one else?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

4. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Got my notice in the app about the fuel pump recall so I need to schedule that, and am now glad I bought a full-replacement glass warranty at the dealer because there was fun in the road today and something cracked my windshield badly, but have had no problems at all with the A/C so far in my 2018.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Honda doesn't have the replacement fuel pumps yet, so it may be difficult to schedule that service.

6. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

Boston area dealers won’t schedule appointments for the Clarity yet (or CR-V) since they won’t have them in stock for a while. They said to try back later in January.

insightman and Johnhaydev like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

From some research on the web and a local mechanic i decided to put regular r134a into my emty system. I was very careful not to overcharge ( just added the ammount on the sticker on the hood) . The main benefit is that the r134a runs a lower pressure on both the high side and suction side. therefore not as prone to leaking, and is much cheaper than the r1234yf. Ac is working great for about 2 months now. Im not an expert but do have some experience and was advised that the oils in both are the same. The one i used also has stop leak. Do your own research or consult your mechanic. Adapter fittings are available on ebay and Amazon

Attached Files:

Daniel M W likes this.