Saw a MINI Cooper SE at...

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Oct 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ghost

ghost Active Member

... my son's school. Some teenager doesn't know how lucky she is. Mine's in front.
    PXL_20231024_193242523.MP.jpg

MichaelC and Racejoe like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Speaking of schools, yesterday I got stuck in the traffic jam of a school letting out. Much to my surprise I noticed an SE right behind me (but I don't think it was coming from the school). I think it was Island Blue with a black roof, but it was hard to see for sure in my rearview mirror. Unfortunately it eventually turned instead of catching up to me.

nowkent and ghost like this.
  4. Saw a BRG with flipped up yellow mirrors parked at the mall at the corner of decarie/jean talon. That corner has a bunch of restaurants, like Dunn's and Amir.

SameGuy likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Did MINI sell any BRG SEs with Energetic Yellow mirrors? I thought the red and green SE's couldn't be ordered with yellow mirrors. I don't believe you can purchase Energetic Yellow mirrors, so this BRG SE owner must have found another SE owner who would sell/swap the mirrors.

Edit: Or, I just realized, the BRG SE owner could have had the mirrors painted.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  6. upload_2023-10-27_22-14-41.png

SameGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

Rogwp likes this.
  9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I tried building a BRG J01 on the German site, and it kept switching the roof and mirrors to red. I gave up after a while…

10. Rogwp

Rogwp Active Member Subscriber

Or the John Deere Edition! It is available in Canada as a ‘24. If they had gone the full Farmer Edition and added Brown Cow seats , Basil would have been in trouble

11. LittleWoods

LittleWoods Active Member

Apparently ALDI in Germany has a thing for MINI SEs:
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1773.jpeg

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. nowkent

nowkent New Member

I saw new leased one at a charger a couple of days ago. They had only had it for a couple of hours. They were happy they got it, but apprehensive about the range. I tried to ease there concerns a little bit (115+ in LA without trying). I was so excited just to see someone else with an SE. It's so strange to live in LA, in many ways an electric car capital, and only see a couple SE's (I see everything down here: Rivians, a billion Teslas, electric Mercedes, some Ford Lightnings etc.), and there's bunches of Minis running around, but I still feel like with an electric Mini I have a secret car that most people don't even know exists, and IT IS SO FUN! It is so difficult to describe the fun factor to other people.

ghost, insightman, revorg and 2 others like this.
  14. SJA

SJA Member

What part of LA are you in? I am usually on the 405/101 driving back and forth to work. I see SE's from time to time.

nowkent likes this.
  15. nowkent

nowkent New Member

not too far from 101/110. I have seen a couple, just very few compared with everything else.
    not terribly far from the 110/101. I do see them on occasion as well. I guess I'm just a little surprised how rarely I see them. It just makes it feel all the more special.

I was watching something else on conversions from gas to electric. It's kind of like we got a full conversion from gas to electric with a full blessing from BMW/Mini, and without all the uncertainties of having some small shop do it for us. (feels like a future collector's item that happens to be AWESOME).

SameGuy likes this.
  16. ghost

ghost Active Member

What were you watching?

My younger son (14) wants to do a conversion. I think a mini is the perfect platform for one bc of the abundance of cheap minis w bad motors.

17. nowkent

nowkent New Member

ghost likes this.
  18. Puppethead

On the freeway heading from St. Paul to Minneapolis, I saw a blue SE with a black roof and yellow mirror caps. Right behind it was a blue ICE Hardtop S, so with me we had a mini MINI rally going on. :D:D:D

nowkent, insightman and MichaelC like this.
  19. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

I saw the all-black one that someone else had told me parks in our garage. That makes at least 3 of us in the same 5 story parking structure...not bad for the Midwest!

(There's also an ICE Clubman that parks on the 4th level with me and the BRG SE. I'm waiting for the day when they rule #1 so I can slip in on the other side to create an electric Club sandwich.)

20. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Today I meet first time in 23 months SE in parking lot in Staten Island NY.Talk to owner he loves a car .Car is 2022 like mine .He bought with 11K.miles /$28K.with Winter Blizzak on.sunroof and leather sits beautiful SE .I noticed car have carbon fiber “vent” on hood with very dull matted finish drastically different than high gloss finish on front .He said is factory not aftermarket? IMG_1146.jpeg

Puppethead and MichaelC like this.
  21. Puppethead

I think JCWs have carbon fiber scoops, so it could be factory but it sure didn't come with the SE. Previous owner must have swapped parts, since the F56 parts are (mostly) interchangeable.

Rexsio likes this.
  22. insightman

Yes, the body parts are mostly interchangeable. I found that a non-S MINI Cooper hood fit my SE perfectly.

nowkent likes this.
  23. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Pulled into a strip mall lot and happened upon this guy I'd not seen around here before, a '24 BRG with white multitone roof:

IMG_2260.jpeg IMG_2261.jpeg

How did I know it's a 2024? Because a day later I pulled into a spot at a different mall about 4 miles away and it was right there.

IMG_2264.jpeg

I met the owner. She got a good trade offer on her '23 and took advantage of a lower APR to chop $60 off her monthlies, while getting more features she wanted.