Saw a MINI Cooper SE at...

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Oct 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Yeah, I wonder if Canoo can beat the Telo to market? Business Insider says the Telo is the size of a MINI Cooper. With 500 hp, this pickup is likely quicker than even the JCW SE. Don't expect much of a frunk.

upload_2023-6-25_18-52-32.png

SameGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

If you can afford it, I'm of the opinion it's better to get an EV truck for that than pay for an ICE truck and pay for the fuel. I've actually got a Lightning on order to replace our diesel F-350 (which we use often for truck things with our horses and hobby farm), and I know for a fact we'll drive the Lightning a lot more than the F-350 due to the lower operating cost. Especially since the F-350 is diesel and the price of diesel is much higher than petrol.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    SameGuy likes this.
  4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Pretty sure the Canoo family is closer to certification. I can’t see those exposed front wheels ever being okayed.

5. Puppethead

Saw a BRG with black roof "near" my house (about 5 miles away), and we both waved simultaneously which was very cool. It has the original front-end used on the 2020/2021, and I'm thinking it might actually be the 2020 BRG SE my dealer had.

azausa, Lainey and MichaelC like this.
  6. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I've had my SE for two years now, and despite living in an area where there are hundreds of Mini's, I've only seen two SEs in the wild. And they were both BRG with a white roof, like mine.

Lainey likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I’ve only met a single SE or MINI who waved back, most of them ignored me.

revorg and SameGuy like this.
  9. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

There are lots of Mini drivers who are in violation of the Mini rules of the road.

Jkoya and insightman like this.
  10. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

IMG_2056.JPG

Came out of Starbucks this morning and an EV6 was parked next to my SE. Does that count for EV Rule #1?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. Puppethead

No. The rules are for MINIs only. ;)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

You should have asked the driver of the EV6 if they parked next to your MINI Electric to increase their EV cred. I wonder how many photos they took while you were getting coffee?

Edit: You should have accused the driver of the EV6 of parking next to your MINI Electric to increase their EV cred.

14. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

IMG_1707.jpeg
    what about a model y ? IMG_1707.jpeg

15. insightman

pictsidhe likes this.
  16. LittleWoods

LittleWoods Active Member

When I got my SE a year ago I waved to everyone, but after a couple months of never getting any waves back, I felt like I was on the losing end of a corporate-manufactured gimmick and eventually gave up.

SameGuy likes this.
  17. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

[Boomer Viewpoint] It used to be that owners of "rare" cars waved to each other. Early VW "Bugs" waved. English roadsters waved. Minis waved. Corvairs waved. (Well, maybe not Corvairs.) I suspect that most current Mini owners either don't wave because they don't know that they should, or there are too many Minis. Either way, it's a shame.

pictsidhe and Puppethead like this.
  18. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

R53 seem much better at waving to other R53s than other Minis. Maybe 50% wave back when I am in mine.

19. insightman

Lately, I've been getting about a 60% wave-back percentage. I'm counting the one MINI who flashed his lights.

20. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I've had a few waves recently, but only enough to get my percentage out of the single digits in my 13 months of motoring. I recently had one happy encounter pulling up alongside an enthusiastic fellow motorer. On the other hand, I've had several very animated chats with fellow SE drivers at red lights, in parking lots, in traffic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

insightman likes this.
  21. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

Visiting Cape Town today I saw not one but two of you. A light grey headed into CBD and an egnigmatic black maybe coming down from table mountain. Both in SE styling with the yellow mirrors. I see tons of MINIs, but only other EV so far was a Volvo C40.

SameGuy, insightman and MichaelC like this.
  22. jakesmini

jakesmini Member

Finally saw another one![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

MichaelC, insightman and SameGuy like this.
  23. insightman

Did you camp out until you could have an impromptu MINI Electric club meeting?

jakesmini likes this.