Who in Canada is waiting for the Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by iluvscuba, May 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Akinto

Akinto Member

From Rouyn Noranda to Toronto it will be $500. The trip is two days of my time, a hotel and a $100 bus ride. So this seemed worthwhile.

prestoOne likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

my ETA was between 6-11. 11 has come and gone and still waiting for any updates.

4. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

My dealer (Honda Levis) has a red touring that I was negotiating on when my base model suddenly became available. In case anyone is looking. It had under 1000 km when I took it for a test drive. Not sure if they sold it to someone else or not.

The other place was near Montreal....in Cowansville....but when I spoke to them they seemed to be holding for QC residents and prices were not negotiable.

All the others I was aware of appear to have been scooped up by you guys!

5. miltondweller

A new touring serial number 578 shows up now on cargurus in quebec. the total carguru listing is now up to 5.

6. miltondweller

No updates yet. called dealer - no updates, called honda, was told to call dealer.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

VIN 569 just showed up in Whitby, so your 570 should not be too far behind.

9. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

You are sort of right.

Terms are confidential and can’t be shared.

Settlement took much longer than it should have due to a party misinterpreting a standard OMVIC clause and thinking there was no reason to negotiate . Once that party received legal guidance things went much smoother. It was just a misunderstanding, I don’t think they meant anything bad by it.

Overall, no fault was admitted by any party and an agreement was reached that satisfies all of my concerns.

I wish I could share more as the terms are definitely not what anyone would guess, or even what I was initially looking for. But it works for all parties and i am happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

10. Kranberry

Kranberry Member

Understand you can't share the terms, but can you at least point us to the OMVIC clause and if possible the understanding of that clause.

11. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

The 90 day clause that would allow either party to cancel the sale if no vehicle is delivered in time unless agreed otherwise.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

If that is the clause you relied on it means they owed you nothing.

14. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

And no battery heater for the frozen north.

15. miltondweller

Finally got the call. Car ready for pickup tomorrow.

Klim, JJim, Numbernine and 2 others like this.
  16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Congrats! Your dealer's really put you through the wringer. I hope they make up for it when it comes to service and support.

17. BertBDJ

BertBDJ Member

interesting, I was just checking that clause and it is very ackwardly worded with the whole 5 days notice and written clause. Very confusing.

18. BertBDJ

BertBDJ Member

I guess it depends on the "no fault of the dealer"
    part. Did they oversell their allotment, even with Honda saying that each dealer would only receive 2 (which has been speculated on). If they did, then they are actually at fault, as they sold something they should have reasonably known that they couldn't deliver.

19. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

I agree that there could be a different argument but it wasn't used and basically he didn't have a legal argument and rolled over.
    For all the bravado and shouting and encouraging people to take dealers to small claims court this is not what I was looking forward to.

20. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

Well, it seems that my dealer came through. My white base model has officially arrived and I will pick it up early next week. Good luck to everyone else still holding out hope. I haven't asked yet how they managed to get it, but will report back once I actually go down there and talk to them when I pick it up.

Pegsie, Numbernine, prestoOne and 3 others like this.
  21. miltondweller

Finally....

Drove my new clarity home. Had 6 kms on it.

Luv it, worth the 5 month wait.

amy2421, Klim, insightman and 4 others like this.
  22. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

I didn't read it, if I need to I will.
    I am going by what Mikep00 posted and what OMVIC states.
    Not every contract term is legally binding. For instance if the dealer new they "sold" you a car they had no reasonable hope in getting that would over ride any "we are under no obligation after 90 days", the problem would be proving that.

23. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

Sorry, I guess everyone is misunderstood . I didn’t “rely” on it, it was irrelevant to the $14k rebate issue.

That paragraph means after 90 days, either side can back out and you don’t owe the rest of the car, and they don’t have to provide you a car.

That is separate from if their failing to deliver the vehicle as agreed caused you to suffer damages.