Who in Canada is waiting for the Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by iluvscuba, May 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Zacpod

Zacpod New Member

If you're in Ontario the rebate will likely be the first thing Doug Ford cancels. Assuming, of course, that Ontario has it's head far enough up it's arse to vote for him. Unfortunately, it currently looks like Ontario might be suffering from a rather severe case of recto-cranial-immersion.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

Every one including Honda understand that if rebate is gone , no one will buy this car , so wait and watch. I am very clear on this concept, No rebate , than I will cancel the car.

4. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

While I agree that if Ford is elected he will eventually cancel the rebate, I don’t think it will be first time on his list.

He is a politician, he will take actions that benefit him the most first. Do you think cancelling the EV rebate when they already removed the rebate on premium cars will earn him maximum votes? I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

Just remember that if the rebate is
    cancelled and you cancel your order, you lose your ability to sue over the lost rebate. You can’t sue over hypothetical losses.

Hopefully we are never put in this dilemma, or a much better option is available down the road that we don’t care about losing the rebate.

6. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

Added to spreadsheet. If you ever needed proof these incentives work, look where orders come from. Zero people waiting in provinces with no incentive.

Zacpod likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. len zaifman

len zaifman New Member

I just accepted the red clarity that Jason did not accept. Thank you Jason.
    so net net: i am receiving a red, not green clarity 2 weeks earlier than the latest promised delivery date. No discounts - ( boo ) but a car. If Ottawa Honda is to b belived they have > 12 outstanding orders and are not taking any more orders until they can clear the backlog somewhat.

Re: Ontario election - I will know the result when I pickup the car but remember : if PCs win a majority government the Ontario incentive will , > 99% certainty, be gone, whether it is in a week or a year thereafter.

Good luck to the rest of you waiting. It has been nerve racking for me till Ottawa Honda offered the red one to me.
    spreadhseet updated
    PS: vin end 054x , made in march and has 9 km on it.

Zacpod likes this.
  9. WindsorBoy

WindsorBoy New Member

I'm in Markham, Ontario. My neighbor fell in love with my Clarity and tried to order a 2018 but the dealer told him that there were no more available and so he gave them a deposit on a 2019 and was told to expect delivery in March of next year.

10. PaulF

PaulF New Member

Paul Hamilton grey base ordered Feb 23

11. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

Any news on when your car is arriving or ready for pick up? Looks like it didn't make the end of May date you were told. You are the one and only buyer in this forum waiting for a Base model to have received a VIN!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Please everybody vote for NDP so we will have a minority government...

This will be the 1st time I have ever voted for the NDP

14. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

I have added your info to the spreadsheet

15. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

I was told that my date was changed to June 5-11.

The only silver lining is that I have a Vin and papers with a vin

16. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Based on the car selling websites, the are a tiny number of touring models in the county, you would probably have to pay full price if not more. Is your vehicle traded from another dealer?

17. len zaifman

len zaifman New Member

my dealer ottawa honda had a buyer back out. As far as I can tell this was meant for a customer of this dealer and i was 2 down the line. The 1dt customer before me decined as he wanted a different colour.

18. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

HIghest vin recorded here so far is 570
    total number sold in canada per may news update : 420

19. CreacentMike

CreacentMike New Member

I just spoke to my dealer and good news, my car is there waiting to be prepped!

WindsorBoy and lorem101 like this.
  20. Jason

Jason New Member

Congrats. Which colour, trim, and dealer?

21. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

Touring or base model?
    And when did you placed order?
    Thanks

22. CreacentMike

CreacentMike New Member

I ordered April 16th. Touring, grey, White Rock Honda.

23. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

Add to the 420 the 2017 sales (27). Brings you to 447 sold in Canada out of 570 built (that we know of)