Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cmdonnell

cmdonnell Member

When we ordered ours on 8/28 the guy placing our order said that was the first day that the HK was available again. And our car was in the same boat.

My kid and I took a trip to the dock in Newark, NJ (20 minutes from our house) and got a picture of the boat. Didn’t get any good view of Minis on the lot or on trucks. (Saw a lot of Ram trucks.)

Attached Files:

Martha, Lainey and MichaelC like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Congrats on getting the HK! I love it.

4. cmdonnell

cmdonnell Member

Interestingly the Asian Majesty left Newark last night and docked in Jersey City last night which seems a little weird to go through all that trouble to not really be anywhere notably different. So it's possible our cars could have left the boat yesterday or today depending on exactly what is happening at one dock versus the other. It's a mystery!

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 5.13.41 PM.png

GvilleGuy likes this.
  5. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Mine now says it's at the port. Woo hoo!

GvilleGuy, Lainey and MichaelC like this.
  6. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Have you guys ever seen the on line tracking going backwards?
    Last week I saw it went to second step schedule for production (ask mini even confirmed over the phone)… today the website went back to first step order received….

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

They probably wanted to give the crew a chance to shop at the Costco.

My Mini's ship made it to San Diego early this morning. It is due to dock tomorrow early in Long Beach and then the following day at my car's destination of Port Hueneme. Couple of days of port hopping after over 3 weeks at sea.

EDIT: just updated on MarineTraffic as having left the dock in San Diego.

Rob

insightman and GvilleGuy like this.
  9. Teddydogno1

Didn't see that with mine, but others have reported it. So not too uncommon.

Rob

Denise C likes this.
  10. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Ah ok

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. cmdonnell

cmdonnell Member

So when I was looking at the map I noticed that near that dock is a BMW VDC. So I suspect my car (and the one headed to Boston that was on that boat) probably actually got off there.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm amazed that MINI just doesn't seem to get it when it comes to making a car black. They've released a series of black "Shadow Edition" models in the UK, but they all still have the chrome beltline trim! I zoomed in on the Shadow Edition SE way in the rear of the Smoke Edition group photo--the Tentacle Spoke rims are black, but it doesn't appear they created a black version of the SE's center cap or a black "S" logo for the grille:

upload_2021-10-27_23-38-34.png

14. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

No need to zoom, they have at least one glamour shot in the photo gallery of the SE Shadow Edition (photo 12). I scaled it down for here. It is weird they kept the chrome beltline. I think the energetic yellow makes a good contrast with the black, as does the red "S" for the ICE version.

mini-shadow-edition-models-three-quarters-low-angle.jpg

insightman and MichaelC like this.
  15. Just got the email. My SE is at the dealer and being prepped. I'll pick up shortly. After four long months, I'm about to meet my MINI.

GvilleGuy, Denise C, MichaelC and 4 others like this.
  16. Teddydogno1

Mine made port today. Wonder how long before it makes it onto a truck for the drive up to Tacoma.

Rob

Denise C, MichaelC and insightman like this.
  17. insightman

What happened between the door and the hood? Looks like paint spattered and ran. Probably just showing off what their fancy paint booth can do on a canvas of black (below a touch of chrome).

ghost likes this.
  18. ghost

ghost Active Member

+1
    That's the first thing I noticed from the pics. I like a bit of accent color on the all black, but not like that. If I had an all black SE, I'd keep the yellow (but not the chrome).

My SE will be grey/black, so I'm going to delete the chrome and yellow.

19. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Looks like a vinyl wrap to me.

20. BostonSE

BostonSE New Member

I just called ASK-MINI. My car came off the Asian Majesty in NJ and has spent the week in the vehicle processing center. It's scheduled to be transported out today, arriving at the dealership tomorrow.

insightman and MichaelC like this.
  21. VeloLCDR

VeloLCDR New Member

I was told it takes 5-10 days depending on how many stops truck is scheduled for - mine is also coming to Tacoma (just went through Panama Canal...)

22. Teddydogno1

Did you order yours from NW Mini before they "closed" the dealership and now call it a satellite service center for Seattle Mini? Who is your "motoring advisor"? Mine is Mike Eastey. Have they said anything about how/if the change will affect delivery?

Rob

23. insightman

When MINI of Ann Arbor closed last year, the day after they delivered my SE, Motor City MINI became the closest dealership AND service 38 miles away. You're lucky that you can still get service in Tacoma--assuming Seattle MINI keeps that satellite service center open two more years, when it will be time for your first service visit. It's interesting that your closest dealership is now also about 38 miles away from the closed dealership. I doubt it the 38 miles will affect when your SE shows up.