Any Canadians get their $250 from Hyundai?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by apu, May 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I got this email from Hyundai Canada on May 27 clearly showing that they acknowledge me having had the required work done and clearly indicating that the dealer did the work and properly notified Hyundai. 90 days later and still nothing. 3 calls to Customer Service, much placement of blame on the dealer, and promises of action... and nothing.

Screenshot_20210816-131152.png

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. They gave me a case number, so am going to continue following up with them, and the dealer. I don't get it... Why offer something, and then stall and do nothing to fix whatever the issue is to resolve it.

4. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

In another thread I stated that people will receive $5.00 a day from June 1st until their battery is replace to a maximum of $850. I just spoke with customer service and he clarified that was true. It was done through an internal memo not for the public eye. Only time will tell.

5. If it's true then why are people this week getting only $250? It's now $380 past June 1st.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. Really!!?? I may have to check into that further...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

$250 Plus $5 a day from June 1st until you get the new battery installed That's why I asked if anyone who got a new battery knows about that.

9. The saga continues... Today, I received a call again from Hyundai Canada (fellow by the name of Roman), who said he has been in contact with my dealer about why they have not received the $250 claim submission. Seems there is a problem with the computer systems/networks between the dealer and corporate. I also then called the dealer, and the service mgr indeed confirmed the problem. He said his IT guy is working on it. Apparently all the info can be entered at the dealer, but it just would not flow through to corporate.

Perhaps others that are waiting may want to check with Hyundai Canada also to see if they received the claim submission. If not, maybe your dealer has the same computer/network problem.

I also asked about this $5/day since early June to a max of $850. Both Hyundai Canada and the dealer confirmed that as well. When I get the battery replacement, the dealer again needs to submit that claim to corporate.

And my dealer has not yet received any battery replacements, or even a schedule for them. I am actually not in a rush for that, as I can make do easily with the 80% charge limit, for the time being anyway. I am just happy that they will be replacing my battery, which will then effectively make it a zero time car again. Everything else is working great on my Kona, and hope to keep it for a long time.

10. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

RP I had the same customer Rep Romain I'm in the same boat as you In fact your comment echo's mine exactly.. Romain didn't actually say this but I don't think my dealer has sent any info to Hyundai for the same reason as you said. Like you I'm just happy to wait then get new battery plus $850.00 lol.

R P likes this.
  11. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

I'm done with Hyundai, dealer is now telling me, I prolly have to call the dealer, where I bought the car to get the battery replaced and I know why , cuz he b@tched and complain about having to buy equipment to change the battery .
    What a clusterfok!!!!!
    I just put money down on the upcoming BMW i4.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. XtsKonaTrooper

How freaking ironic, I just got off the phone with Hyundai Canada and was advised, I wasn't even on the list for the 250 card. He said they have a tracking file of who is getting the card, so I'd suggest to anyone , to call and confirm that your Vin is on the list.

EVatLast likes this.
  14. The speed at which this is happening is mind blowing. :-\

Apr 30 - Take to dealer for 80% check for $250
    Aug19 - Call from dealer to confirm address and email for $250

Does this mean they're just sending in the info to Hyundai now?? Wow, at this rate might actually get the $$ around Xmas. So much for 20 days.

Ha, maybe I'll have an Ioniq5 before I get the money. Glad I wasn't holding my breath I'd be a goner :)

XtsKonaTrooper and Wildeyed like this.
  15. XtsKonaTrooper

They hit it out of the park with the Kona but this battery fiasco is becoming a nightmare.
    At one point I was leaning towards an Ioniq 5 but after finding out the fully loaded price of approximately 68k, I'll most likely be ordering the upcoming bmw i4 as its pretty well the same price with way much better driving assistance.
    I'll loose my shirt getting rid of the Kona but I will never buy another one, because their customer service sucks and I'll be letting everyone know my dissatisfaction.

apu likes this.
  16. Well I just sent another email to follow up the Hyundai's customer relations indicating that they were looking into why I haven't received any gift card.
    That last email was nearly a month ago. I completed the campaign on April 14, 2021 Its coming up to 5 months, these guys are epic!

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  17. I've spoken with them twice and gotten case numbers each time and still nothing. Sadly typical.

18. I reported earlier that there was a network problem between dealers and Hyundai Canada with the $250 submission. My dealer followed up with me and said that the problem (dealer end) had been fixed. I also then spoke to Roman at Hyundai who also confirmed that. However, he said it would another 30-60 days for the email to show up with the gift card info. So will have to wait and see...

19. At this point I firmly believe there are some serious problems at the Canadian Hyundai corporate offices. They seem to be severely under resourced, their non answer email replies take 3-4 weeks, dealer HYTAC enquiries seem hit or miss. On more than a couple of occasions I have heard my dealer complain about waiting for HYTAC guidance and approvals. First they blamed it on COVID, now on the dealers, hmmn... it feels like a pattern.

electriceddy and XtsKonaTrooper like this.
  20. XtsKonaTrooper

They said to me last week ,oh look your not on the 250 list.
    I'll put ya on the list and it will be another 6-8 weeks , all script puppies.
    Pathetic is being polite.

electriceddy likes this.
  21. Just received the email from hyuindai with the 250$ card. I was put on the list end of may when the dealership called me to confirm my information.
    So I suppose they 8 weeks waiting is correct

22. I just got mine too. 100 days after receiving my email confirming the recall being done.

23. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Of course it's one of those cards that has a monthly draw down and a transaction fee, so it really came out to $245, but I spent it as soon as I got it so as not to lose more value off the card.