Any Canadians get their $250 from Hyundai?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by apu, May 19, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Just realized its been over 20 business days since I took my car to verify the reduced charging rate as part of the current battery recall and no dosh in sight from Hyundai. Curious if any Canadians got their pay off yet?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Nope, still waiting for mine.

4. VanGoghsEar

VanGoghsEar Member

Same here. Still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. not yet! :)

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. BC-Doc

BC-Doc Member

Crickets.

I called my local dealer today to ask where the gift card is and what the plan is for my car (buy back or replace) and they know nothing.

ehatch and XtsKonaTrooper like this.
  8. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

When I'm bored, I might just goto the dealer and park next to their most expensive veh on the lot and see what their reaction. Might have even have my cellphone in case it becomes a joke.
    They need to come up with answers soon, cuz im getting antsy.
    I'll just plaster my veh in signs and start my own PR war if push comes to shove, I don't care I wear a mask all the time. Lol

9. Nope, nothing doing. And it was on March 5 that I was at the local dealer where they verified my 80% settings. I was told it would take a coupe of weeks. I have been wondering if the dealer failed to process the claim to Hyundai?

10. Same here but it's been only a week. Funny fact when I left the dealer my limits where back at 100. I'm pretty sure they don't know what they are doing

XtsKonaTrooper and electriceddy like this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Maybe they reduced the charging current rather than the maximum percentage:D

13. What are you talking about? What reduced charge rate? Where? What $250?

14. Maximum charge to be capped at 80% until battery is replaced under recall. The dealership ensures the 80% settings are verified and does the paperwork. Hyundai mails a $250 Visa gift card to the owners as compensation for the inconvenience caused by the reduced range.

15. Got it, thanks. They replaced my battery, it did not charge over 50%. I was very safe. :eek:
    So I have never had an 80% limit. I guess I will not qualify for the card. Will call the dealer anyway.

16. Ya, your issue was a whole other story. I'm sure you got a spanking new replacement battery unaffected by any recall.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  17. Still no $250 here. I noticed the original notice specified 20 days for processing. The follow-up email after visiting the dealership upped that to from 30 to 60 days. 44 days and counting...

18. VanGoghsEar

VanGoghsEar Member

You got a follow up email? I got crickets…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Yes. It was from Hyundai Canada and was triggered by my dealership visit.

20. 36 Days since we got the email and no card so far....

21. Had Service Campaign 10D059 (C0415) completed on April 14, 2021. So much for the for the gift card in 20 business days, its been over 90 calendar days!! No email, no nothing. Fired off an email to Hyundai, we will see what is going on? maybe

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Wildeyed likes this.
  22. Ridiculous. Let us know what you hear. I'm at 50+ days and counting.