Recall 196 now shows on US Hyundai Recall website..

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Oct 15, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

Except it's a leased vehicle, I wasn't sure if they might consider it unauthorized altering. They probably didn't notice it anyway.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

I have not received any correspondence from Hyundai, but I just went ahead and scheduled my service for next week, the first chance I have to bring it in. As I have no feasible parking alternative to my garage, I just have to hope the car doesn't burn my house down for one more week.

4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Did you enter your VIN number in the recall website to check?? I got both, a Bluelink notification as also an e-mail from Hyundai to bring in the car for the update..

5. FloridaSun

The e-mail I got from Hyundai.

6. Jamcan39

Jamcan39 New Member

What is the link for the Hyundai recall website. I too am in Canada

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Maybe the omission of a maximum charge recommendation is an effort to stave off requests for compensation? On balance I could see that since there aren't that many Kona in the US and there's a pretty low risk. Or it could be just lost in translation or a localized addition, noting that AUS is 90% and NZ is 80%.
    My one contact here who has the update is not having a happy time with charging. Awaiting more info ... will advise.

9. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

Yes, that's how I confirmed it applied to my car (not that I doubted it would), but still no correspondence from Hyundai. If not for this forum I wouldn't have known about it at all.

10. FloridaSun

No notification on bluelink?

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Made an appointment to bring my car in on Monday. Once done, is there any indication that the update was successfully installed? I know with the previous update you could check by seeing if the Batter Saver feature was removed from the menu options.

13. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
    Genevamech and BC-Doc like this.
  14. SeanH

SeanH Active Member

Thanks for that!
    I still had no email, so I made an appointment. Of course because of their schedule and my travel it isn't until Nov 24, but oh well.

15. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

"If P1AA600 is found, additional repairs are needed. This TSB will be updated once a repair is available"

Well that's comforting! Apparently the process can fail in an unspecified way that they aren't entirely sure how to fix yet.

electriceddy likes this.
  16. FloridaSun

Just dropped of my car at Hyndai here in Lakeland/FL... They said 1.5 hours but I wouldn't bet on it..

17. Jolee

Jolee Member

Have an appointment tomorrow. They told me 2 hours. Freehold/NJ. (BlueKKonaEv also)

18. FloridaSun

Almost 3 hours so far..

range shows zero...

Screenshot_20201105-160555_MyHyundai.jpg

when I dropped off the car..

Screenshot_20201105-151026_MyHyundai.jpg

19. I made an appointment for Monday and was also told two hours. I'm going to wait so I hope the estimate is accurate!

20. I suspect it means- "Get the H**l out of the building and call 911" :D

ehatch likes this.
  21. FloridaSun

just got a call from hyundai and the car won't be ready today. one of the updates
    keeps failing

22. It may be the 12 V battery had insufficient charge to maintain the update procedure (hopefully) and they need to top it up.