current wait for Clarity Fuel Cell?

Discussion in 'Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles' started by G.Money, Nov 12, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. G.Money

G.Money New Member

I have been on the waiting list since early Sep 2018, expecting at the time delivery for Nov or Dec. I have been now told 6- 8 months out. Anyone have additional update?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tremor C.

Tremor C. New Member

You may've seen my post at https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/clarity-fuel-cell.1156/page-6#post-30631. I had put down my deposit in April and was told the car would be delivered in June-July. Come July I was told that it'd be October. And in Sept. I was told that there won't be any delivery until April 2019. I couldn't let Honda dealer have my deposit money interest free for over 12 months, and I needed a car really soon. I grudgingly got a Mirai late Sept after taking my deposit back from Honda dealer. I believe Honda has screwed up big time, especially with Hyundai Nexo being rolled out (in SoCal) as I write this. Pity, they had a better car while it was available.

Good luck with your wait. Even if the car is available by April 2019 as messaged, pray that a lot of folks before you in the waiting list have dropped out. If you hear anything, both positive and negative, about the wait, please share. I've a couple of friends who would be interested if Clarity fuel cell (FCV) is available again.

4. G.Money

G.Money New Member

Thanks Tremor. I just received an update. It is to call for an update at the end of Jan 2019! Woodland Hills, CA is my dealership. They have told me that I am top 5 on the list but don't know exactly when other than March or April, the holdup is in Japan. Luckily, I don't need the car now and it might be worth saving my place in line.

5. TeslaInvestors

TeslaInvestors Active Member

I hope it is a temporary hold up. I heard something about a recall for a power reduced issue, and it seems the Honda engineers have finally figured out the cause. I am hoping that they releease a boat load of cars soon. the stations are ready, people are ready. So why the delay Honda? bring it on!