2024 improvements

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by electriceddy, Sep 5, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. "The driving force behind major upgrades to 2024 ID.4 82 kWh models is the introduction of a new performance drive unit that delivers greater horsepower and range compared to the prior model year. The rear-wheel-drive model now produces an impressive 282 horsepower, while the all-wheel-drive model now makes around 330 horsepower. This increase in power helps to boost acceleration and is anticipated to deliver enhanced range; EPA-estimated ranges for the 2024 ID.4 will be available closer to market introduction.
    82 kWh ID.4 models receive an enhanced 12.9-inch display with backlit sliders, as well a new and more intuitive climate control interface and a revised infotainment menu. Also, the car receives a new shifter position and a revised steering wheel layout.
    Comfort and convenience is prioritized further in the 2024 ID.4. S models with the 82 kWh battery include ventilated front-row seats, and S Plus models receive a premium harman/kardonTM audio system with nine speakers, plus a subwoofer, and a 16-channel amplifer.

Volkswagen enhances the 2024 all-electric ID.4 EV with more performance, power and technology - Volkswagen US Media Site

Of course, I just reserved a 23 Pro AWD c/w heat pump on August 31, which is already built and waiting shipment.:rolleyes:
    Will be contacting the salesman tomorrow am (his day off today) and switch it out for a S Plus 24 MY, hopefully with the same heat pump option.
    Don't mind waiting a few months for those important enhancements.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. What, done with the Hyundais? I take it the 2024 Kona EV didn't live up to your expectations? Didn't for me either.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. In more research, this article (Europe) goes a little further explaining the increased efficiency (more range) even with more torque in the AWD version.
    The new motor/revised GRU unit (AP550) is shared with iD 7, and is augmented with a revised inverter c/w software upgrade.
    It also indicates pre-conditioning via Nav with a revised charging management system allowing up to 175 kW.

Needed more room, I am sure the new Kona EV will be a great package. Ionic 5 is not completely out of the picture yet, but still need confirmation on the cooling system maintenance requirements (ie: not LC type). VW's coolant is not required to change at the same frequency as Hyundai, at least until I see 2024 Ionic 5 to verify.
    Only things I can think of missing at this point is V2L and NACS, both of which I will have to work around.

R P likes this.
  5. I am starting to have doubts about this now.
    With Hyundai's NACS announcement, VW better step up to the plate and offer adapters for existing models. If older software/hardware won't allow, at least include 2024 onwards (if the newer version software will be NACS compatible) and offer generous trade ins for previous model years.
    I really like the ID4 for its room and AWD, but if they continue to fall behind with lack of charging options, I (and others) may have no choice.
    Kind of crazy that their network will offer NACS. but their EVs won't. (yet):confused:
    Put it another way... I will only commit, if they will do the same.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  6. Sorry, wrong forum. Can a mod move to the 2024 Kona thread please?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I had put a deposit on a 2023 ID4 which I took back given they removed the heat pump (Citing sourcing issues/shortage... Yeah right) with no price drop of course. Still interested but haven't seen North American specs for the 2024 model yet ; anyone know if they'll get the heat pump back? IF yes ; sold for me.

electriceddy likes this.
  9. Unfortunately sounds like the same experience I just had yesterday and is not uncommon for VW. if you check out this forum, the "deletes" section is growing exponentially. 2024 I can't foresee an abrupt change in policy:(

MGrognon likes this.
  10. Done.