2024 now available to order - Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by electriceddy, Oct 26, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. It just appeared on the Hyundai website, and is also now on iZEV eligible vehicles list :
    2024 Hyundai IONIQ 5 Preferred Long Range RWD
    Preferred AWD Long Range
    Preferred AWD Long Range with Luxury Package
    Preferred AWD Long Range with Ultimate Package
    BEV

$5,000
    I contacted my sales rep and got a lucky break.
    A cancellation for a 2024 MY Teal Preferred AWD c/w Ultimate package now has my name on it, and should arrive Dec 5th.:)
    I advised that I would be conditionally checking for coolant color (regular pink) as these units are supposed come with a separate cooling plate, when it arrives. No way to tell now as it is presently on a boat.

R P likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Wow, Dec 5th, that's pretty good, and an Ultimate, too. That Teal is a very nice colour. And I would expect that a 2024 should have all the glitches worked out by now. I am pretty happy with my I6 so far. And it has the pink coolant.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. One of those days, should have bought a lottery ticket. If indeed it is a 2024 MY as listed in the documentation, I would expect this to be one of the first shipped to Canada due to the timeframe.
    I6 is a pretty cool looking car, I saw one up close the other day. ;)
    With the recent price cuts in the US, I would expect to see more on the roads within too long, too bad the same reduction not yet here in Canada.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Congrats electriceddy, I love my 2022 Ioniq 5 (same trim and options as you're getting). Dealing with Hyundai Canada I've found to be sooo bad, I'll never buy another vehicle from Hyundai Motor Co. (Hyundai, Kia & Genesis). My dealer is fine though.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. I will have to wait to see. I really like the EV, as it checks all the marks on my list, however...
    Using the assigned VIN, first I did a VIN decoder search to verify it is indeed a 2024 build, and it is - also showing the options package - check 1 completed.
    I then plugged it into the Canada Hyundai maintenance schedule website to verify the coolant type hoping for a 10 year change cycle, the schedule is the same as my Kona-change the Low Conductivity coolant every 3 years (60,000 kms intervals listed) - so a failure there.
    Hopefully it is a typo and the coolant is water based (pink) for both systems (electronics and battery) and the schedule has not been updated.
    If this car uses the same (correct me if I am wrong) 2 separate cooling systems (one pink and the second blue) as in the previous MYs, I will not purchase because of the cost (~$1K every 3 years), which I find to be ridiculous to put it mildly. Especially considering the separated cooling plate not integral with the battery pack and the same system as I6. If this has not been updated to pinch a few pennies, then a dealbreaker for me.
    My dealer is also very good, service and sales both included, fortunately I have not had to deal w/ HMC Canada(knock on wood) yet.
    So far this year, I have rejected 2 EV for various reasons. EX30 (too small- no local dealer when issues crop up and value $) and ID4 (cancelled the reservation 2024 MY yesterday after the saleperson said "the heatpump will not be included (it doesn't do anything anyway- useless), the standard VW audio is fine - THIS, trying to sell me on a 2023, after telling him I was holding out for 2024 MY with the "advertised" upgrades.
    Maybe my Kona EV will hold out for a couple more years, I was not a bit disappointed with the GOM range indicator this morning.
    (0 degrees C - range 506km @ 83% SOC), and yes, I had the useless HP working for the last week at least. :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. If my 2023 I6 has pink, would think the 2024 I5s should as well. And yeah, if your Kona is still good, no need to rush. Could be price reductions coming, too.

electriceddy likes this.
  9. That is my hope, but I am also prepared to be disappointed (and apparently, so is my Kona EV);)

10. Bull's-eye
    [​IMG]:)

R P likes this.
  11. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

Hi electriceddy,
    my EV6 is a great car, I'm sure you will love the Ioniq5, and if you thought your Kona was fast, wait until you try accelerating with the AWD, very little or no steering torque and fantastic speed.

12. To remove this ad click here.