What would worry you most about a robot automatically plugging in your EV?

EV_01

New Member
Imagine you park your EV at work and walk away. A robot then approaches your car and automatically plugs into the charging port.

What would concern you most about this experience?

I'm a UX design student exploring this topic for a design project. I'm curious to hear EV owners' perspectives.
 
A robot then approaches your car and automatically plugs into the charging port.
The problem is the cover flap over the charge port. There are no consistent protocols or locations. Assuming a humanoid robot:
  • Identify the make, model, year of EV.
  • Look up the flap cover database.
  • Attempt only two, gentle attempts to open charge flap.
  • Identify the socket cover, if there.
  • Attempt only two, gentle attempts to remove socket cover.
  • Insert charge plug.
  • Put charge socket cover on the charger plug if it DOES NOT have a lanyard.
Bob Wilson
 
I think my main concern would be the robot not connecting properly to the charging port. I’d also want to know right away that the connection is secure and that the car is actually charging. If something goes wrong, there should be an easy way to stop the process.
 
Back
Top