Visiting Plano TX, Oct 2-3

bwilson4web

Well-Known Member
Subscriber
I have a social event October 3, 4:00-6:00 PM in Plano TX and will be driving home afterwards. I plan to stay at the Candlewood, Friday-Saturday, Oct 2-3, after driving from Huntsville AL. Candlewood has EV charging and I'll get a good night sleep before returning Saturday evening.

I will be in Blue Bobs, my 2019 Model 3 with +188,000 miles and recently self repaired. I'm more than happy to share what my experiences and "kick the tires" of my ride.

If anyone would like to break-bread or have a cuppa coffee, please PM me to coordinate communications and when and where. I am partial to quality Tex-Mex, smoked meat BBQ, and espresso.

See you then,
Bob Wilson
 
The trip worked fine:
  • Arrived the day before and found only one premium James Gin on the rack and none in stock. I bought it.
  • Suggested BBQ was great!
  • Met with another Tesla driver for coffee.
  • Gave James May my ‘Einstein’ T-shirt gift and instead of signature a fist bump and thank you.
  • On trip home about to exit for a charge, Arkansas trooper pulled me over for “Too much time in Passing Lane.”
    • Where have you been? “I drove from Huntsville AL to Dallas TX for a presentation by James May of the Top Gear program. There were three presenters, Clarkson, Hammond, and the smartest one, James May. Have you seen it?” He shakes head.
    • Have you ever been arrested for DUI, spouse abuse, or stealing? “Not in Arkansas and I pay my own bills!”
    • He gives me a warning and I charge my car in Hope AR, where Bill Clinton came from.
  • At home discovered the wrong tonic water destroyed the gin. Second taste test with club soda was much better. Gifted the remaining gin to my SO.
Bob Wilson
 
Back
Top