Replacement tires for OEM

  • Thread starter Thread starter JKroll
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7K
Yokohama YK740 GTX. No mileage loss as far as I can tell, but drastically better handling than the OEM tires (I really hated it when the original tires would squeal and nearly lose traction turning right at a red light at no speed to speak of), and maybe a little improvement in noise. And yes, I'm comparing to when the OEM tires were as new as the car.
 
If you don't get too much snow, I'd go with the Pilot Sport AS4. If you get a lot of snow, go with the CC2. Consumer Reports actually rates the CC2 winter performance in the middle of pack if it was a dedicated snow tire. You pay the price in loss of range, mpg. I have the CC2 on my Subaru and the highway mileage dropped from 31 mpg to 27 mpg compared to regular all season tires.
 
FWIW, I replaced the OEM tires at about 31k miles. After putting 20+k on the new ones, they're still at 12mm tread depth. I do get them rotated at least every six months.
 
Hi everyone: At 46K miles my original OEM tires just hit the red, so immediate 4 tire replacement was suggested. The dealer gave me three options: 1) Goodyear EAGLE LS2 BW at $986.70, [which for some reason they listed as "Original equipment" although my Clarity came with Michelin] ; 2) Michelin ENERGY SAVER A/S BW at $1411.68; 3) Yokohama AVID ASCEND GT BW at $1178.63. All prices include alignment. "Tread/Traction/Temperature" is at "400 AA" (whatever that means) for Goodyear, 480 B B for Michelin and 740 A A for Yokohama. "Tread life warranty miles is N/A for Goodyear, 55K miles for Michelin and 65K for Yokohama. "Fuel Efficient is "NO" for Goodyear and "YES" for the other two. I am tempted to go for the Yokohama but as you may have guessed I'm totally illiterate in terms of tires. I would appreciate your thoughts.
 
Back
Top