2027 BMW i3 Surprises

insightman

Well-Known Member
Subscriber
The BMW i3 reservation website came online this evening at 6:01 PM EST. I had to sign up on the BMW website for i3 info to get an invitation. My email invitation included a link to add the reservation event to my Microsoft Outlook calendar. Unfortunately, I don't have such a calendar. It took me a half-hour to figure out I had to download the .ics file and find a free online .ics file reader to extract my link to the reservation website.

There were surprises.

First surprise: At $61,500 ($62,850 including destination fee), the i3 is $7-10K more expensive than anticipated.

Second surprise: the Panoramic Sunroof isn't mentioned anywhere on the reservation website.

Third surprise: Brooklyn Grey was added back to the list of available colors. It disappeared from the BMW i3 website earlier this month.

Fourth surprise: BMW is claiming 468-mile range with 19" wheels and summer tires. Previously we've heard 440-mile EPA range.

Fifth surprise: Optional adaptive suspension. The i3 was rumored to get adaptive suspension "later," but there it was on the reservation website for $950. However, it's available only if you also select either the $2,000 M Sport Package or the $3,200 M Sport Professional Package.

1790725006218.webp


Sixth surprise: When I clicked on "Reserve Now" button, I got a 404 error. I looked at the invitation again and it was good for only a single hour: 6:01 PM to 7:01 PM EST. Guess I won't get the first one.

1790726740876.webp
 
Last edited:
I've been going through the configurator with various builds and can't decide between the Le Castellet Blue and the Eucalyptus Green Metallic. My build so far is $74,499. It was definitely easier building this car than our Taycan Cross Turismo were everything seemed to be an option...
 
Back
Top